Error 403 Forbidden

I appreciate you guys looking into it. I can't remember ever getting a 403 error on any other site that I've tried to access, so this is exceedingly strange, especially since there seems to be multiple people on different ISP's that are having the same issue. I'm on a Verizon connection here at work, which continues to function properly.

In my fiddling process I did power cycle the modem and routers several times to ensure that it was pulling updated DNS info.

Unless I'm mistaken, I would figure that a block by my ISP would not even allow me to reach the 403 forbidden page which is served by your machine.

Brian, is it possible for you to get the IP address from your modem (not through your router as those will be a local IP) so we can verify it is not somehow placed in the blocked list? Not sure how your network is setup but I know on my router, I can get this IP one of two ways. My router will show me what IP my modem is getting from my ISP. Other way is to connect my PC directly to the modem and run in a CMD window, the ipconfig /all command (Windows) and get it from there. You can PM me with this and I'll check our settings.

Definitely a very weird problem.... :confused:

The obvious pattern I see here is that these are all in SoCal... SBwrench I see you are in Lake Forest (OC), Brian where are you in SoCal exactly?

Got this PM from Eric (KTMRider) today (4/6/14) on the other site. Eric is in Encino.

I still can't access your American Adventurist site from my home network. I did see others are having the same issue regarding AT&T U-Verse. I know we have some form of AT&T but I can get to your Internet Providers site from the 403 error screen if I click on that link.

Error screen reads:

"403 Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site! "

But we have BWidget here in SoCal (San Fernando) on ATT with no issue

I can't help but just wanted to say that I have AT&T U-verse and my iPad and iPhone work fine on my wireless.

And Woody in San Diego with ATT U-verse... wondering if it is a location/IP issue vice ISP issue or WTH... :aliens

Not wanting to pile on but I'm in the exact same boat ATT U VERSE and get the dreaded "FORBIDDEN 403" ERROR also?

Last edited:
Checking in here. I have mobile access through tapatalk but can't access at home on either the laptop or the pad through tapatalk. I can try the IP address route but that will have to wait until later. 403 forbidden at home no matter what machine used. I'm not in CA but in SC.

Yeah, I just got done looking through the list of denied IP's and the two IP subnets I have from members (woody and briansocal) are not listed. I am at a loss as to why this is occurring.

It makes me want to take a known working laptop to one of these locations and see what results I get. Very confused.... :dunno

Yeah, I just got done looking through the list of denied IP's and the two IP subnets I have from members (woody and briansocal) are not listed. I am at a loss as to why this is occurring.

It makes me want to take a known working laptop to one of these locations and see what results I get. Very confused.... :dunno

I think one of the locations with a problem was in Pasadena, I drive through pasadena every afternoon on the way home from work, I could try it on my laptop if I am given an address and wifi password

Either of you is welcome to drop by my pad anytime to troubleshoot.

Am I the only one that's not on AT&T who is having difficulty?

Either of you is welcome to drop by my pad anytime to troubleshoot.

Am I the only one that's not on AT&T who is having difficulty?

You're the only one who has reported the problem, not being on AT&T but that doesn't mean there are not others, just not reported.

Since your location is SoCal... we'll need to narrow down that area a little more before being able to commit to coming by. :lol

Hah!

I'm in Upland, but I doubt there's anything to be learned from connecting to our networks. It's got to be some plugin, rogue robots.txt or goofy domain hosting preference that's knocking us out.

In an exciting development, the 403 page has changed from a generic, unstyled, white page with black text to a fancy gray background page with text styling.

I'm down in the San Diego are and also have the new and improved "403" error showing while trying to access via ATT U Verse

Man this is just so weird! I have not been able to find where this problem is occurring at and then fix it.

Thanks again for all you guys hanging in there.

Okay, I made a change to woody, briansocal and sbwrench user accounts.

Let me know if you get any different results.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom