Dust lights

mep1811

Adventurist
I had an extra led light so I added a dedicated front facing dust light. Now I don't have to burn up bulb hours on the halogen fog lights.

dust1.jpg
dust2.jpg

I also mounted dust lights on my trailer. Rather than having another trailer plug. I used a remote control system from Tractor Supply. The Dust lights do make a difference.

dust1.jpg
dust2.jpg
dust3.jpg

Do you flash the lights, or just leave them on solid?

I remember hearing something about using flashing lights, but that could have been for racing.

Logged 130'ish miles over the weekend and about 50% was on dirt/gravel. I was the mid-guide in a group of 12 rigs. SSSOOO much dust. Need to figure out a good way to get some high-up on a wrangler which is tricky given the soft-top/hard-top. May have to pull a trick out of the military manual and do a pole-mount light.

Logged 130'ish miles over the weekend and about 50% was on dirt/gravel. I was the mid-guide in a group of 12 rigs. SSSOOO much dust. Need to figure out a good way to get some high-up on a wrangler which is tricky given the soft-top/hard-top. May have to pull a trick out of the military manual and do a pole-mount light.

I have an led work light on a paint extension pole from when I had a Jeep. I bought one that had a metal tip, attached the work light to that, added a couple quick fists to my tire carrier and I was in business. It was simple, cheap, and effective. If you are a welder it would be even easier to fab something up, but alas my welding looks more like bird squat vs stacked dimes.

Link to where I snagged the idea.

If you are a welder it would be even easier to fab something up, but alas my welding looks more like bird squat vs stacked dimes.

I can make sparks. I can melt metal. Occasionally it sticks together. However, I will not insult professionals by calling what I do, "welding."

Thanks for the link. I'll look into it.

Back
Top Bottom