Dexter axle lug pattern

kwill

Adventurist
Recently bought an aluminum square drop trailer with a Dexter Torflex axle. It has 6 lug hubs and I'm wondering if they will take a Toyota 6 lug wheel. Does anyone know?
I'm starting mods on it and it would be great if I could match the wheels to my Tacoma.
lpCWnCh.jpg

Not trying to be a smart ass, but did you measure them? Or just try it? The Tacoma is right there.
They are close but I thought a helpful person might know and I wouldn't have to drop the spare from the Tacoma, jack up the trailer and try it.

You will never be sure until you do exactly that.

There are about 7 different 6-lug bolt patterns between 6x4.5 and 6x5.5. And, even if you have the same bolt pattern, you may have problems interchanging them due to offset. In other words, it's too close to diagnose over the internet. Even if someone knowledgeable answers your question, you still need to verify it.

This is a pretty knowledgeable and helpful crowd around here, but I wouldn't recommend accepting the opinion of some random guy on the internet (like me) that won't be there to help when you find out that your spare doesn't fit.

Dexter does offer a bolt pattern that will match your Taco, but the only way to be sure your spares are interchangeable is to try and see.

Toyotas are Lug Centric, so even if they fit make sure you're using Toyota lugnuts. That is where the issue might be. The wheel might fit, but the lugs may not be the right thread pattern.

Back
Top Bottom