Dave's Jeep JT Gladiator: The 'Gator

Rock lights. Gotta have ‘em. Red ones. Because why the hell not?

99647CE7-DDCB-43A0-BBEA-55496EEFC73B.jpeg

Now I’m down to my last open slot on the sPOD. Rock lights will go on next and then the lighting is done.

Then it’s time to move on to under body protection in the form of control arm and shock mount skid plates.

It will be nice when they lift the COVID restrictions for you and you can do some traveling with the Gator.

Dave, another wiring question. I looked through your build here and your JLUR, I see you pass wires from the engine bay through that small plug in the drivers side footwell. Did you use foam or silicon to seal around the wires? Also, see you used a drain plug for entry for your in cab 12v power, did you do similar for the compressor? I’m sketching out my wiring plan and your threads are invaluable. Thanks for the details.

Dave, another wiring question. I looked through your build here and your JLUR, I see you pass wires from the engine bay through that small plug in the drivers side footwell. Did you use foam or silicon to seal around the wires? Also, see you used a drain plug for entry for your in cab 12v power, did you do similar for the compressor? I’m sketching out my wiring plan and your threads are invaluable. Thanks for the details.

The firewall plug on the drivers side is easy because it’s up high. I just use RTV adhesive silicone there. The ARB wires run through that same plug to keep it simple.

Getting power to the back of the Gladiator for the fridge was harder. From the battery across the cowl/firewall and down along the frame rail to that floor plug and in. Since it’s LOW there, I used butyl mastic to ensure a long lasting water tight seal.

Back
Top Bottom