Dave's Jeep JL Rubicon: The Gray Goat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave you've been dancing around the solution for years. Just go ahead and pull the trigger. :D

B5BE19B0-8D8C-4C9D-B7DD-0800C826AD79.jpeg

If you are looking for something a little bigger than a TD, look at a Little Guy Max. 21 feet long, 3150 lbs dry. Not too big, easy to tow - the heat and A/C work very well.
We had a regular T@B for a short bit. It was older and had a few issues but overall it was a well built trailer. If we did not find a slide in TC we could afford, we'd still be toting it behind us. Decidedly not overland but fire roads (hell, even my road) totally possible.

Just make sure you grab the Mojave edition with the strengthened rear frame. :D

My understanding was that issue was caused by shocks that were too long, not tongue weight or payload. Since the shocks couldn't collapse, and they are in a key part of the frame, coming down hard took all the force and buckled the frame. Again, just from what I've read.

My understanding was that issue was caused by shocks that were too long, not tongue weight or payload. Since the shocks couldn't collapse, and they are in a key part of the frame, coming down hard took all the force and buckled the frame. Again, just from what I've read.

Based on rim and tire combo and a lot of assumptions on my part I'm sure poor aftermarket upgrades and an aggressive driving style lead to this. Can't necessarily fault the manufacturer, but I found it funny anyway. :D

I'll just keep my 06 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel....I recently replaced the complete front suspension and steering components. It's like a new truck now :)

This. I read that as well, moral of the story is that an ignorant operator and too much skinny pedal (jumping the truck AND the trailer over and over) can ruin the best truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom