Covid Campout

jscusmcvet

Adventurist
OK... Title for effect and attention :)
Yesterday, after a half day working around the property and gifting a good friend with a couple pigs for his version of the compound, Ann and I loaded up the camper and Joe loaded up his gokart and off we went on our Covid Campout.
DSC_0016.JPG

It was a difficult trail, so dropping into 4low we slowly made our way ;-)
DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

A little more than an arduous 1/4 mile later we arrived at our favorite campsite, up on Antler ridge.
DSC_0023.JPG

From that point forward we camped, cooked, Joe drove the trails on his gokart...
DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

This is one of my favorites. Potato cut to not quite chip thickness, sprinkle to with salt, pepper, other spice to taste and then sprinkle heavily with Parmesan cheese. Good eating right there. You can do this on the grill or in your oven back at home.
DSC_0037.JPG

Add some steaks and you are good to go... and then it was close to time to call it a night. Over our time out on Antler Ridge we listened to an owl hoot for a long time very close and then at night listened to the ever present coyotes howling their gathering call. All in all a great time, making the best of this situation we all find ourselves. We are blessed to be at the compound and I am blessed to have this family to share it with.
DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

That's all for now. Enjoy folks. No other way to deal with this.

Back
Top Bottom