Canvas, meet Aluminum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazz Layne

Adventurist
Banned!
Rumors of a hard-shelled Eezi-Awn had been crossing my desk for months when the confirmation hit my inbox, in the form of an ad request and a photo of the new tent. Pictured was a thing of beauty—a sleek, wingless fighter jet hovering over a snowy landscape—but we all know photos on the internet are only half of the story. As fate would have it, Paul May of Equipt was driving right past a photoshoot I was on in the Mojave Desert, so I arranged for us to meet up in camp to check out the Stealth personally.
Full disclosure: yes, Equipt is one of my studio’s clients. If you know me, then you know that’s the strongest endorsement I can give—I’ll only work with businesses I believe in.
First Impressions
Flipping open four latches releases the lid of the matte black shell, which is raised and lowered easily by one person thanks to the aid of gas struts and conveniently placed handles. The golden light of dawn gleams and...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome article for an awesome company who sells awesome gear with even awesomer customer Support! I gave been a huge fan of EEZI AWN gear for many years. Paul May and his team at Equipt Expedition Outfitters are top notch and will bend over backwards to give you the shirts off their backs. I look forward to seeing the Stealth in person.

Agreed. It's funny to look back over the last decade or so and note all the roof top tent companies that have blatantly imitated Eezi-Awn. The Stealth will no doubt be another such innovate and often copied product.

Equipt, with Paul May at the helm, led the charge in North America that made roof top tents a common sight. Glad to see Equipt continuing to evolve and bringing us the best gear on the planet. And Paul's 200 Series Land Cruiser is the bees knees, adding a Stealth to that mix has me dreaming...

Great review @Chazz Layne

Looks like a great option. If I had a suitable vehicle and need, this would be at the top of my list. I've considered a RTT for my 4-Runner but it's a bit narrow and wouldn't get used often enough.

Awesome review Chazz. Holy cow, 220lbs is beastly, but it definitely looks like it'll last a lifetime.

I have never cared for the looks of a rtt on a vehicle, but this is a sleek, clean line that I really like the looks of. I am trying to picture the truck with a bed rack and this mounted to sit flush with the roof line, and I like what I am imagining.

I always said if I ever did a RTT again it would be a hard shell. This being aluminum really makes that hard shell more attractive because it's tough and you can attach to it if needed - that utility is a very big selling point.

Impervious to weather or UV or tree branches is a huge advantage over a soft shell.

I have never cared for the looks of a rtt on a vehicle, but this is a sleek, clean line that I really like the looks of. I am trying to picture the truck with a bed rack and this mounted to sit flush with the roof line, and I like what I am imagining.

You think like me. I've wanted to do a setup like that for a while now since seeing this. The design of the Eezi-Awn Stealth is better than others I've seen out there.

2015-sema-show-monday-aev-ram-2500 (1).jpg

http://www.ikamper.com/ I almost jumped on their kick starter yesterday but I like the size of the big CVT Mt Denali better. I am looking at having three to five bodies in there and the normal hard shells are just too small for my needs. If I knew fiberglass better I would love to build the CVT tent into my shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom