Camp Bath

Stuart

Adventurist
Founding Member
Here is the setup I use for cleaning up in camp.

It all fits in a 1300 Pelican case:
DSCN1256.jpg

Contents include a Jetfoil the heat the water:
DSCN1261.jpg

Some No Rinse body bath:
DSCN1258.jpg

And some medium sized sturdy towels:
DSCN1259.jpg

All together:
DSCN1260.jpg

The process is straightforward. Heat some water in the JetBoil and pour into the Pelican case add cool water to desired temperature. Use the small bottle of No Rinse Body Bath to the water. (This is some good stuff that I had to use for a while a few years back when I had a PICC line. Gets you fairly clean and fresh with no need to rinse afterward. This is the stuff they use on the ISS or so they say.) Dip the towel in the tub and scrub away the day's dirt. I'll wring and rewet the towel several times during the process. Air dry, or towel off if you want to avoid excessive evaporative cooling. I dump the water after use and start with fresh the next day. I can use this method in the OzTent with no mess on the floor.
I have the larger fuel can in the pictures, but if I use the smaller cans that fit into the JetBoil cup there is more room for towels. The JetBoil only ever gets clean water in it so it can still be used for coffee etc.

Decades old twist to a good old fashion sponge/washcloth bath I learned camping as a kid from my parents that did the same thing as they grew up camping. You've added modern tech (jetboil and the no rinse soap) to the mix. Always refreshing! :)

Silly me... thought it was a USMC expeditionary camp in Ass-crack somewhere. For example <shiver> Camp Mochuk.

Back
Top Bottom