Best $200 I ever spent, on a tent...

Seems like someone recommended you take the camper...trying to remember who that was...;)

Too bad you guys had to leave early. Hope you had a good time despite the carnage.

Last edited:
Seems like someone recommended you take the camper...trying to remember who that was...;)

Too bad you guys had to leave early. Hope you had a good tie despite the carnage.
Hahahahahaha.. yeah.. I even suggested it to the wife but she was set on tenting it.. we had a blast other wise.. got to see lots of sites and meet up with old friends as well as make new ones.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

<sigh> You'll figure it out one of these days...even when it was her idea, you are still wrong!:D

Oh.. I was totally wrong Saturday morning when "we" decided to pack up and leave.. on a side note.. don't know if you can see it.. but here is a picture if the hole in the roof of the tent.. roughly 2 feet by 2 feet...
cdf6f2cb5f0543d6a8ce0ff165b7b683.jpg

The greyish blue color is the floor if the tent and the Navy blue and tan is part of the roof... talk about a sky light lol

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Now that is a bummer. What kind of wind gust speeds did you have out there?

Just got back from NC spending four nights in the Kodiak. Still no issues. And had a few flock to it to check it out.

In one of the campgrounds a guy had a Four Wheel camper on a Tacoma that I was drooling over. Just hate that there so dang expensive. On the way home stopped and looked at a Travel Light Rayzr truck campers. I think this is the route I will be going next. Really liked the layout and storage available on the FB model. About half the price of the FW and about the same weight.

IMG_4300.JPG IMG_4450.JPG IMG_4457.JPG IMG_4458.JPG

Stang,
We were seeing gusts into the high 40mph range at times, possible even a bit higher. I heard lots of reports of people having damage to their tents and even Roof-Top-Tents.

For you Oz Tent owners...

The "Blow-verland Expo" saw about 3 days worth of gusting winds. Besides @Scott my tent suffered some damage, too. The fly on my Oz Tent picked (at the peak section that isn't normally tied down) up from the pole and landed outside the grommet, leaving a 1.5" tear in the rip-stop fabric, which actually ripped and did stop. Justin of Oz Tent USA provided me a swatch of fabric and instructions for repair. I've applied those relatively simple repairs with the patch and seam sealer. It looks sturdy enough and I'll find out how durable the repair is next week in New York.

Back
Top Bottom