Alpacka Rafts

treefireguy

Adventurist
Howdy folks.. I am sure a lot of you have either heard or seen these boats before, but if not, I have to add these to this part of the forum.
I have had an Alpacka Raft for about 11 or 12 years or so. These small lightweight boats are REAL BOATS. They are not cheapo throwaway rafts you get for 59 bucks at Big 5.
I have taken mine to multiple countries, rafted countless rivers and played in oceans and lakes all over the place. They pack down to the size of a small tent and have breakdown paddles and super small very simple inflation bags. Designed in Alaska for multiple river crossings, (now made in Colorado) these have morphed into serious adventure crafts. I have rafted class 3 rivers and also had many leisurely floats just the same. (Sometimes class 3 rivers feel like class 4 in this small of a boat) They are amazing to surf in the ocean with as well. I myself am getting a new one this spring (Much updated over my old one!). You can put these in a backpack or in a suitcase or take with you in a Jeep to have a boat just in case. Alpine lake you hike or Jeep to and always wanted a boat to fish with? Check em out folks.. they aren't cheap, but are super awesome and very worth every penny.

Here is the webpage http://www.alpackaraft.com/

Rio Chama 7-2014 229.jpg

Looks like fun! My issue is nothing I buy seems to ever pack back up as small as when I received it. So might as well carry a Kayak or heck even a canoe. That said I'd love to try one out!

Howdy folks.. I am sure a lot of you have either heard or seen these boats before, but if not, I have to add these to this part of the forum.
I have had an Alpacka Raft for about 11 or 12 years or so. These small lightweight boats are REAL BOATS. They are not cheapo throwaway rafts you get for 59 bucks at Big 5.
I have taken mine to multiple countries, rafted countless rivers and played in oceans and lakes all over the place. They pack down to the size of a small tent and have breakdown paddles and super small very simple inflation bags. Designed in Alaska for multiple river crossings, (now made in Colorado) these have morphed into serious adventure crafts. I have rafted class 3 rivers and also had many leisurely floats just the same. (Sometimes class 3 rivers feel like class 4 in this small of a boat) They are amazing to surf in the ocean with as well. I myself am getting a new one this spring (Much updated over my old one!). You can put these in a backpack or in a suitcase or take with you in a Jeep to have a boat just in case. Alpine lake you hike or Jeep to and always wanted a boat to fish with? Check em out folks.. they aren't cheap, but are super awesome and very worth every penny.

View attachment 27276
Like, web site doesn't have much a

View attachment 27276
Would you have any interest in floating the Grand Canyon ?

When i went rafting on the Chiliwack river in BC, some of the guides that were not on the rafts had these. We hit class III rapids and the little boats kept on chugging. If i had the chance i would snag one up for sure. Not a lot of rivers down here in SD, but plenty of ocean :D:D

Back
Top Bottom