Adventures with an Arduino

CB and 2 Meter in this panel. Probably tuck a GMRS in somewhere just because I like radios and antennas....and to be able to talk to handhelds when camped and someone wants to wander off. Thinking the Midland MXT275.

Changed again. New idea brewing for the radios so 17 hours later the 3D printed generated a new housing for just the lcds and the heated seat switches. This will be much easier to mount on the center console due to its smaller size.

Working on overhauling the code for the relays. Implemented a new look, some different options and I'm currently working on a macro option to allow for controlling preset groups of relays from a single touch. More on that once I'm done.

20201222_093355.jpg

Changed again. New idea brewing for the radios so 17 hours later the 3D printed generated a new housing for just the lcds and the heated seat switches. This will be much easier to mount on the center console due to its smaller size.

Working on overhauling the code for the relays. Implemented a new look, some different options and I'm currently working on a macro option to allow for controlling preset groups of relays from a single touch. More on that once I'm done.

View attachment 54068

You know, when I read the start of your post - "Changed again" - the first thought that went through my mind was you replaced the Taco...

You know, when I read the start of your post - "Changed again" - the first thought that went through my mind was you replaced the Taco...

Just got my 4 month token from AA (automobiles anonymous), so I've got to keep it at least a little longer. :D

Where is your panel going to be mounted? In the center console where I have my CB and ammeters?

If so, how do you plan to accommodate the curve?

Where is your panel going to be mounted? In the center console where I have my CB and ammeters?

If so, how do you plan to accommodate the curve?

This panel will sit behind the shifter, over top of the single cup holder and be angled up just enough to be easily reachable, but not be in the way of the shifter when it's in 1st or 2nd gear. The radios are going where you have your CB mounted as soon as I do some CAD and figure out that curve like you did. Unless you happen to have that piece of cardboard still hanging around.

This panel will sit behind the shifter, over top of the single cup holder and be angled up just enough to be easily reachable, but not be in the way of the shifter when it's in 1st or 2nd gear. The radios are going where you have your CB mounted as soon as I do some CAD and figure out that curve like you did. Unless you happen to have that piece of cardboard still hanging around.

It was "bend to fit" - not sure if I still have it. Let me look for it.

I can always get you the angle of the panel the old fashioned way...

Back
Top Bottom