Adventure Trailers Horizon Trailer: Parts Quest

Borrego60

Adventurist
Founding Member
As the title states I have this trailer. I am looking for the part number of the gas struts for the main box lid. If someone can help me out on this or just find what the PSI is on the strut. I have emailed AT a few days ago,have heard nothing back yet.

Part # listed on my Chaser struts is 12307....which sourced nothing.

strut shot.jpg

After a little surfing found some leads but no easy answers.

Trailer lid gas strut calculations & measurements here: McMaster-Carr Strut Database

Thread discussing struts: Porthole Trailer Strut Discussion

My Chaser came with the same EEZ-AWN tent @ 182#, but the angle of your struts looks more close to horizontal than the ones on mine at full close (from your avatar)

IMG_2022.JPG

I measured the total strut length (36") and did a quick tape measure calc of the rod diameter (about 1/2")...if that helps to source using the chart below...although I'd measure with calipers and then determine your lid/accessories weight and purchase accordingly.

Good luck, hopefully the chart helps to source a new set if AT drags its feet.

Last edited:
That does help a lot, I did look at the struts but could not see any part number listed. Hope to get a message from Mario or Martyn soon. Thank you for your help.

I did find a part number after cleaning some paint, the paint you guess it filled in the number # 17807 the strut is useless, I can push it in with no resistant at all. Thought I was getting weak. Full length is 36"1/2 Now just to find one? MC Master chart did not go that high.Still on the hunt.

Back
Top Bottom