Adventure Tool Company's 4wd Tiger Camper

BritKLR

Adventurist
We found our 1995 Chevy K2500 Provan Tiger north of Estes, Co. we're the third owners and it came with thick stack of owners records. It appears to be the 30/30 built and had 150k on it when we purchased it. We've spent about two years restoring it. New custom Birch interior, bathroom, 3 in Sky Jacker lift, BFG AT's, fresh paint.
We use for exploring the US and as our mobile ATC store at Overland events.

IMG_2132.JPG

IMG_1997.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_1905.JPG
IMG_1882.JPG
IMG_0913.JPG
Here's a couple. First is our cabinet maker building the solid wood birch cabinets. Second, is what the interior structure looks like once all the old interior. Was pulled and third, is the initial fitting of the new interior. I'll post some more.

Just think of the epic images you'll get of North Carolina when you go to the Appalachian Rendezvous in Uwharrie, NC next year! :D

IMG_2340.JPG
Prepping the Tiger for our Thanksgiving Moab run when needed a place for our event, destination and morale patchs, so made up this "Patch Panel". It's 22x27 and made up of 1000D Cordura and 4 inch Velcro panels.

View attachment 35074 Prepping the Tiger for our Thanksgiving Moab run when needed a place for our event, destination and morale patchs, so made up this "Patch Panel". It's 22x27 and made up of 1000D Cordura and 4 inch Velcro panels.
Very clever! I like it!

However you're apparently missing the whole suite of American Adventurist and Rendezvous event patches, all of which are highly desirable and collectible. You must be very embarrassed... :D

Also, in asnswer to your earlier question, Appalachian Rendezvous is scheduled for 25-28 October 2018 in Uwharrie, NC. I understand there's some other event scheduled in early November in Asheville... :D

If you look at some of our other event threads you'll see a 4 year history in Appalachia and longer in the California Desert and Mountains, with images and instructions for eachevent. Everyone pays the same price and vendors are welcome but expected not to "vend", but to do what they used to do before they got into their business - join in on the activities and have fun. If they sell a little product on the side, 'machts nichts', but don't expect a "vendors row".

Very clever! I like it!

However you're apparently missing the whole suite of American Adventurist and Rendezvous event patches, all of which are highly desirable and collectible. You must be very embarrassed... :D

Also, in asnswer to your earlier question, Appalachian Rendezvous is scheduled for 25-28 October 2018 in Uwharrie, NC. I understand there's some other event scheduled in early November in Asheville... :D

If you look at some of our other event threads you'll see a 4 year history in Appalachia and longer in the California Desert and Mountains, with images and instructions for eachevent. Everyone pays the same price and vendors are welcome but expected not to "vend", but to do what they used to do before they got into their business - join in on the activities and have fun. If they sell a little product on the side, 'machts nichts', but don't expect a "vendors row".

Thanks and very cool info. As we put together our 2018 event calendar this is going it.

Very clever! I like it!

I "almost" got him to come this year.... I was too late with the invte... :(
No excuse for next year though... :stir
I cant wait to geek out over "thread thuggery" ....and brainstorm sewing stuff....

We had to come up with other nick names for my MOS. "stitch B!tch" was just played out... "thread thugs" "needle pimps"
"Thread slingers" "NeedleNazi's" (not because of any National Socalist ethos or political affiliations but because of our die-hard attention to detail and strict adherence to technical publications, guidelines and tolerances)

IMG_2461.JPG
IMG_2461.JPG
IMG_2480.JPG
IMG_2493.JPG
IMG_2483.JPG
IMG_2531.JPG
IMG_2522.JPG
A little update. Ran the Tiger up to Salt Lake City for the XO Wrap Party. Had a great time hitting Dinosaur NP and camping on Antelope Island. Had some crazy cold weather and learned more about camping in the winter with a Tiger.

Back
Top Bottom