Adopt a Trail SoCal Update

BlkWgn

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
Just an update on where we are with the Adopt a Trail Program. The trail we have 1n05 was supposed to be released from the lake fire closure, but the reopening has been delayed. Until we have been granted access to the closure area, I have volunteered us to help other local clubs with projects they may have. I will post up as soon as someone takes us up on the offer.

Last edited:
Just an update on where we are with the Adopt a Trail Program. The trail we have 2n05 was supposed to be released from the lake fire closure, but the reopening has been delayed. Until we have been granted access to the closure area, I have volunteered us to help other local clubs with projects they may have. I will post up as soon as someone takes us up on the offer.

Great idea

Just another update, It sounds like we have been granted access with limited group sizes. I will talk to Greg at the quarterly Adopt a trail meeting this evening and get the details.

Greg as in Greg Hoffman, head of the SBNF? Super nice guy. Don't recall the exact groups, SoCal 80's, SoCal TLCA, etc. were 'adopting' 3N08 years ago. We went on a ride along thru the trail to get a work list of things Greg saw that needed attention. Greg was in my truck as I had a working odometer! He pointed out loads of stuff, including all the illegal motorcycle trails being cut thru the forest. Unfortunately, that trail adoption never got traction. I think I still have the two 'Trail Work Ahead' or something like that signs in my garage...I think!

Cris, if this all works out those signs are yours if I still have them!

Just got this update from Greg regarding tonights meeting

I wanted everyone to know that the Mountain Top District Ranger will be attending the meeting tonight in Corona. His name is Marc Stamer. He's the top leader for Big Bear, Arrowhead and surrounding forest areas. Marc will be giving a presentation to our group tonight.
So, here's your chance to talk directly to the decision maker!!
Please invite your club members to this meeting and show Marc how strong our program really is!!
Thank you,
Greg.​

Greg as in Greg Hoffman, head of the SBNF? Super nice guy. Don't recall the exact groups, SoCal 80's, SoCal TLCA, etc. were 'adopting' 3N08 years ago. We went on a ride along thru the trail to get a work list of things Greg saw that needed attention. Greg was in my truck as I had a working odometer! He pointed out loads of stuff, including all the illegal motorcycle trails being cut thru the forest. Unfortunately, that trail adoption never got traction. I think I still have the two 'Trail Work Ahead' or something like that signs in my garage...I think!

Cris, if this all works out those signs are yours if I still have them!

Yes, Greg Hoffman. He is the head fo the OHV programs and has more knowledge of the mountain than anyone. He is a walking database of trails, history, and the politics that run the forest.

As for the signs, if you have them they would be great and I would be more than happy to clear some space in your garage.

Agreed on Greg! My son and I learned so much from him about the SBNF in the few hours we spent with him in the truck. I'll look for the signs this evening and let you know.

Sorry @sfsmedic , the meetings are always at 7pm at the Sizzler in Corona right off of the 15 freeway. A fair amount of people show up early and eat before it starts.

Back
Top Bottom