Adopt-a-Trail meeting March 15, 2017

BlkWgn

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
From Ranger Greg:

Hello Adopt-a-Trail Volunteers, our next meeting will be held on March 15, 2017.

Corona Sizzler, Dinner 6-7, meeting 7-9.

Please have your club representatives attend this important meeting. We will be scheduling equipment for maintenance and establishing material needs for our trails and facilities.

Thank you for being part of our program.

Happy New Year!!

Greg.

I won't make the meeting, still in to do some grunt work when that part is figured out.

So this trail we've adopted. Will it ever be open for us to do something with it?

So this trail we've adopted. Will it ever be open for us to do something with it?
We are in a weird spot with the forest manager and the fire closure. Basically they are saying that it needs to be repaired before people can go in but will not give clearance for the repairs. We can get a different trail if the lockout will continue, it is really where we can be the most service to the forest

Sent via carrier pigeon

^^^^That sounds as brilliant as the Air Force Police issuing a mandate that we couldn't park on the right side of the street in military housing.:rolleyes:

1N05 could be closed for a long time ... mgmt changes may make it open sooner, but it's the USFS. AAV has a lot of motivated, competent people who could contribute much in the meantime. I think I'd take a look at some different trails, there are plenty that need help. Some of the larger clubs take more than one trail, so when it re-opens you could still have it.

Back
Top Bottom