Adopt a Trail 1n05 Work Day - March 24 2018

How about an honors system/thread where people can log volunteer hours they have committed to supporting land use. It doesn’t have to be strictly forum sponsored events.

It would be interesting to see how many hours a year members here contribute to such endeavors.

I think we all need a snow day! Maybe it’s too cold to camp for some folks? Just FYI to folks that I’m staying at Motel6. Super cheap!

We stayed at the Big Bear Motel 6...ONCE...we had the last room they had...it was a smoking room...reeked to high heaven, the pizza joint a block or so up the street had good beer and pizza though.

We stayed at the Big Bear Motel 6...ONCE...we had the last room they had...it was a smoking room...reeked to high heaven, the pizza joint a block or so up the street had good beer and pizza though.
The pictures looks like it may be remodeled since then? I guess we'll see!

Just an update. There is still room for a rig or two if anyone else would like to join us. This will be a fun weekend and the work will not be that hard. This is a great opportunity to give back and help to reopen a trail that has been closed for a few years.

Main comms with be 2m ham radio, freq will be determined at the meeting point.

Please make sure you fill out your form, this is what gives you coverage if you are injured and must be filled out and turned in BEFORE we leave the trailhead. https://americanadventurist.com/forum/threads/adopt-a-trail-volunteer-agrement.4299/

Make sure you bring gloves, closed toe shoes, lunch, a chair and any personal items you may need. Remember, it is still winter on the mountain and we just had a storm. The weather looks good but can change quickly, so as always, come prepared.

We will have some tools, but if you have a shovel, hoe, lopping shears or any other hand tools that you think may be useful please bring them.

I have several likely tools I'll bring including a mattock. I also have a cordless sawzall and several batteries that I'll bring.

Aaaand I'm out. Went out to start the jeep and get it ready and something is not right. Looks like I get to track electrical gremlins this weekend.

I have two shovels, two loppers, two trimmers, one ho, two pair of gloves. I’m also bringing a .22 in case the nearby free range is accessible. We leave at 0400 tomorrow!

We stayed at the Big Bear Motel 6...ONCE...we had the last room they had...it was a smoking room...reeked to high heaven
This remains true. :(

Edit: switched rooms, no problem! Totally acceptable for $96 and allows two dogs.

Last edited:
Bam

55455EF5-38EB-4855-9301-CBCE4BBCC797.jpeg

38A1F6DA-7E5D-45B8-BC91-85F0EE16FD89.jpeg

1A13C827-EA13-4B85-8E07-7B5B05A00E2E.jpeg

E4E30E3B-D290-43AF-982D-EECB01EEC185.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom