'64 Chevy II Wagon

Hahaha!!!! You guys are funny.... Not sure I need to reduce the life of my brand new tires.
Yes, you do. See, the tire manufacturers put a release agent in the mold when they produce the tires. The only way to safely and effectively rid yourself of this nuisance oilyish film is with a long and smokey burnout.

Those A-Arms look cool, oh, the parts they make for these cars these days! Nice additions to your ride. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Sweet wagon! I love the 6 cylinder! It looks really nice. I still like my LS2 though so dont expect me to go back to anything but! And the gauges are awesome too! Tell me more about those?

66ChevelleSS-Plan-1a-640x480.jpg

66ChevelleSS-Plan-3a-640x480.jpg

Man, sweet Chevelle!!! One day I will likely move to an LSx. :)

Gauges are by Speedhut.com. Very high quality and they build to order. Check out their site.

Well, haven't done much on the wagon until recently. It's been driving well and have been very happy with the CBR parts installed. Back in Dec. I did have the heater core start leaking. I bypassed it until I had some time to deal with it. I have been waiting to remove the heater assembly so I could remove the kick panels and replace them with with Custom Autosound ones with speakers. I also wanted to replace the glove box liner, which can be done with the heater out, it seemed like a good time to take care of all of these projects.

I have been waiting to install my Kicker iPod controller/amp setup, since my wife got it for my birthday March, I figured it's time to get some tunes in the wagon. Still not installed yet, I have been making progress and figured some pics would be nice. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have this all installed and working.

New heater core installed in housing
PICT6488.jpg

Custom Autosound kick panels with the spearkers removed, prepping for paint
PICT6482.jpg

Best used for plastic, adhesion promoter and the color I am using
PICT6483.jpg

Painted and the Pioneer speakers installed
PICT6485.jpg

PICT6487.jpg

The Kicker controller and a spare ashtray for mockup
PICT6489.jpg

Used a 5/8" thick solid plastic as a riser and used 3M tape to hold the controller
PICT6491.jpg

Mounted in my original ashtray - Stealthy
PICT6492.jpg

Installed in the car and how it will look when opened and closed
PICT6493.jpg

PICT6494.jpg

I will post up more pics once I get everything installed and working. Should work out cool and no cutting of the factory parts, outside of the mods to the ashtray, which is replaceable.

I like it...nothing tricker than hiding modern tech in out of sight places.

Last edited:
I like it...nothing tricker than hiding modern tech in out of sight places.

Agreed. Although a friend of mine had a nicely restored 65 Mustang that had a modern Pioneer head unit that fit in between the volume and tuning knobs and used them to control a CD changer. It was a cool set up.

Nice radio install. I have been wanting that kicker setup for my car also.

Those kick panels look quite different than my 66'. Are they that different from your year to mine? I'd love to add some speakers down there but I have Vintage Air A/C and the passenger kick panel would be hard to install now.

Thanks all. Need to get the pics up from the kick panel install. Everything is working well.

As for the kick panels, '62-'65 use the same, '66-'67 are different. To get them installed, your Vintage Air A/C or even the stock heater needs to come out. This is why it took me a year to install everything. Last year the engine blew up and the car was down for a number of months. Finally got it on the road and had a bunch of shows I needed to make. When the heater core started leaking, I knew it was getting close to do. Finally had a break between shows and got it done.

Back
Top Bottom