2020 Overland Expos: CANCELLED

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
C91D97EB-81A2-4CBC-9652-9B6D625C2831.jpeg

I have to wonder how many vendors will survive through the year without these gear gorge fests.
Well we must each do our part. Take your coronavirus stimulus payment, your bonus hardship workers payment if you were deemed essential, plus your travel money and you should be able to max out the online shopping carts that you've filled up all over the internet. I bought another winch (made in China but 2 US-based middlemen got their share).
All kidding aside, its probably a real concern for some of the smaller vendors especially.

I have to wonder how many vendors will survive through the year without these gear gorge fests.

Some of the vendors I've spoken too - big and small - say that sales and overall interest has remained steady in this segment. Some have even said they posted their best quarters EVER during COVID.

The "overlandosphere" has been on a rocket trajectory for 15 years now with no end to the growth in sight. It will be interesting to see how it looks a year from now.

:coffee

Some of the vendors I've spoken too - big and small - say that sales and overall interest has remained steady in this segment. Some have even said they posted their best quarters EVER during COVID.

The "overlandosphere" has been on a rocket trajectory for 15 years now with no end to the growth in sight. It will be interesting to see how it looks a year from now.

:coffee

I know I’ve been doing my part with the GX build. I was just wondering if the shows had the same effect as Christmas does to other retailers?

15 years, wow. Back in the summer of 2001 when I was installing my first suspension on my then new Taco finding all this information was a task in and of its self.

We've been at over 200% capacity for the last 2 months straight. Also some high volume government orders which is always nice. So yeah, actually kinda glad we don't have to worry about building inventory for normal sales PLUS expo sales. Not to mention the downtime to and from the events and event associated expenses.

Back
Top Bottom