2019 Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSVP'd

Transactions ID 8LG92903U2938190K

You’re on the wait list at #21

Folks this event is FULL, no more RSVP’s available until the wait list clears out...

... wait list is CLOSED as well.

097BF184-B5F3-49B0-BBE4-85530C705A4D.jpeg

As we are less than a month away I thought I would give a little update. I will get all the boring stuff out of the way first.

1. READ THE FIRST POST, seriously, especially as we get closer to the event it will answer just about any question you may have and help things run smoothly.

2. Follow the directions to the site that are in the first post that you are going to go read when you get done with this post. DO NOT ENTER FROM HWY 38, do not drive through the main Scout Camp, DO NOT BOTHER Ranger Rick.

3. Bring your Hold Harmless, it is a 22-mile drive one way back down the mountain to print the one you forgot. I would suggest printing it out after you read the first post and put it in your glove box so you don't have to worry about it.

Ok, now the fun stuff

This year's Camp Cooking competition is sponsored by L.T. Wright Handcrafted Knives you can get all the details and sign up on the thread here and if you are not interested in competing you can still bring a dish and be part of the community potluck.

LTWK-Logo-4.png

@Missymac80 The better half of Leitner Designs will be leading a black diamond trail run on Gold Mountain, keep an eye out for all the details in the near future.

We have 2 classes this year. First is "Impromptu Medicine" taught by Joanne Feldman MD Assistant Clinical Professor UCLA Department of Emergency Medicine and Fellowship Director, Wilderness Medicine Fellowship.

The second class is on "Tire Design" MT vs RT vs AT, Non-LT vs LT, load ratings and generally how to pick the right tire design for your rig. This will be hosted by Drew Howlett, Product Manager, Light Truck & SUV Tires at Falken Tire

A full schedule will be released as we get closer

If you are looking to clear out your gear closet, or pick up some stuff you add to it, check out the MRV For Sale/Swap Thread

Bring your Hold Harmless, it is a 22-mile drive one way back down the mountain to print the one you forgot. I would suggest printing it out after you read the first post and put it in your glove box so you don't have to worry about it.

That's a good idea Chris, but the Hold Harmless on Post 1 is still marked as TBD. :p

(Looks to me like the one from 2018 is year-specific and possibly blocked from download, else I might have just printed that one...)

That's a good idea Chris, but the Hold Harmless on Post 1 is still marked as TBD. :p

(Looks to me like the one from 2018 is year-specific and possibly blocked from download, else I might have just printed that one...)

Well, that's embarrassing

but Thank You for reading the first post @Herbie The Hold Harmless will be fixed ASAP so you can get it in the glove box

Unfortunately, the family and I will no longer be able to attend this year. Extremely bummed. :( Please open up slot #120 to someone patiently waiting on the standby list.

Unfortunately, the family and I will no longer be able to attend this year. Extremely bummed. :( Please open up slot #120 to someone patiently waiting on the standby list.

We are very sorry to hear that!!! Please keep an eye out and hopefully you can make our next event.

With that, @Dave Pike you are in at #120. Please visit the donate button at the bottom and pay your $20.00. Dont forget to post up with your transaction. Also please visit the first post and print your "Hold Harmless"for every member over 18.

Last edited:
Motorcycles!!! Not sure if this is the right place, but a few of us usually bring our dirt/adventure/offroad bikes to MRV. There is a GREAT ride to Pioneer town out towards Joshua Tree. Its and easy offroad/fire road ride. We leave around 10am and are back by about 2 or so. Great restaurant out there for lunch. Paul McCartney (yes, THAT Paul McCartney) did an impromptu concert there one night during the last Coachella Music Festival. Anyway, it a great ride - Alpine to desert and back! Place a post if you are interested in coming. Thanks. - Tim S.

Ordered a Tee shirt. Instructions are hold for pick up. I see a shipping charge? Don’t want it shipped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom