2019 DRV POTLUCK & CAMP COOKING COMPETITION Sponsored by TEMBO TUSK

What are you bringing for the Potluck

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time is the table set? In another words would I have four hours from the start to serving?

There is no set time to begin cooking, so you can take as long as you want so long as your meal is on its designated spot at the start time. Dinner usually starts somewhere between 430-6, the full schedule will be posted in the next few weeks as we get everything planned out!

Menu change. I still have work to do on the recipe and I don’t want to give away any secrets for Mountain Rendezvous 2019. With that said. Please move us out of the competition. We will be bringing something to cook up in the pot to add to the table for sure.

When will the master list be updated?
I can do a couple side dishes where needed.
Wa’z up?

A lot of the staff, if not all of the staff is preparing to leave to the event tomorrow to start setting up. So there is a good chance the master list wont be updated again until after the event.

Currently under the vote there are 5 main dishes, 3 side dishes and 6 deserts.

Friendly reminder: Please sign up at check-in to be a competitor regardless if you signed up here. We will accept entries until 1600/4:00p on Saturday.

Ideally those competing in the CAMP cooking competition will have actually cooked their dish in CAMP. Not just made it at home with access to your full gourmet kitchen and staff and merely brought it to the competition.

Friendly reminder: Please sign up at check-in to be a competitor regardless if you signed up here. We will accept entries until 1600/4:00p on Saturday.

Ideally those competing in the CAMP cooking competition will have actually cooked their dish in CAMP. Not just made it at home with access to your full gourmet kitchen and staff and merely brought it to the competition.

New rules eh. Take me out of the competition then. I will still serve the masses, I had planned on wheeling and I don't want to spend all day Saturday making my side dish. Thanks.

Last edited:
New rules eh. Take me out of the competition then. I will still serve the masses, I had planned on wheeling and I don't want to spend all day Saturday making my side dish. Thanks.
Do what you gotta do. There has been no change of rules.

Rules state “The rules are pretty simple. Prepare a dish of any sort (entree, side, or dessert) on site at the Rendezvous at the MAIN FIRE RING. Simple prep work can be done at home, but please no cooking at home and simply rewarming at camp. Make as much or as little as you wish. The more folks that get to to eat your dish, the more potential voters and hence votes you could get.”

Do what you gotta do. There has been no change of rules.

Rules state “The rules are pretty simple. Prepare a dish of any sort (entree, side, or dessert) on site at the Rendezvous at the MAIN FIRE RING. Simple prep work can be done at home, but please no cooking at home and simply rewarming at camp. Make as much or as little as you wish. The more folks that get to to eat your dish, the more potential voters and hence votes you could get.”

Question, the Predictionis for steady wins 10-15 kn with gusts to 20. Do we have to use charcoal with the Dutch oven‘s or can we use a flame from a burner.?

No new rules at all really. Prepare a dish of any sort (entree, side, or dessert) on site at the Rendezvous at the MAIN FIRE RING. Simple prep work can be done at home, but please no cooking at home and simply rewarming at camp. Make as much or as little as you wish. The more folks that get to to eat your dish, the more potential voters and hence votes you could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom