2019 Desert Rendezvous Trail Run - Canyon Sin Nombre, Arroyo Seco del Diablo (and Dropoff) - Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daedelus,
More than happy to help a new person get the hang of things. I watched the video you linked and I don't remember big rocks in the dropoffs. Check this video:
If you keep it in first gear, low range it should crawl down without too much trouble.

Thank you all so much for the encouragement! I've been out on runs as a passenger but this would be my first in my own vehicle & driving. I greatly appreciate the support and look forward to our first real step in this adventure. (That bit with the rocks being optional is also quite helpful. :D)

So, to add a little incentive to come on this trip, a little more info. I am a State-licensed geologist and I will be providing a description/discussion of the great geologic features this trip will be travelling through. This route crosses an active fault (the Elsinore fault) with significant deformation of the sedimentary rocks. Lots of great geology to see and explore.

So, to add a little incentive to come on this trip, a little more info. I am a State-licensed geologist and I will be providing a description/discussion of the great geologic features this trip will be travelling through. This route crosses an active fault (the Elsinore fault) with significant deformation of the sedimentary rocks. Lots of great geology to see and explore.
That sound awsome

Uh-oh... Geo-boner... wish I was there to participate in your discussion @Sage Bromax . My favorite part of back country driving is the Geology of the region being traveled. I get excited going through the plain states just imagining glaciers grading the landscape, and water and wind erosion. Other people find driving across those states as boring but I love it! Throw in a little meteorological event and I'm happy as a geode.

Nice! Somehow looking at it from this angle seems less intimidating.

I've known and wheeled with Sage Bromax for quite some time now. His advice is solid. You really shouldn't have any issues on this run. It's super easy and that drop off is not as bad as you may think. Go out there and start building some confidence and learn how your vehicle performs off road. From there you will see weaknesses and strengths. You will be able to decide if you want to keep doing harder obstacles or not and changing your vehicles capabilities. Along the way you will learn a lot about your vehicle but more importantly you will really learn a whole lot about yourself. That first pic is the gatekeeper of the John Bull and the second is the gate keeper of Holcomb Creek. The third one is on the Rubicon. My point is I certainly did not start out doing all of these trails nor did my vehicles. It was only after time getting out there and seeing what I enjoyed doing with my family.

Attachments

• S1010020.JPG
    S1010020.JPG
    579.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 66f60728f05d241efc7ff05988cdb3c0.jpg
    66f60728f05d241efc7ff05988cdb3c0.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 2018 Jeepers Jamboree (57 of 97).jpg
    2018 Jeepers Jamboree (57 of 97).jpg
    599.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I've known and wheeled with Sage Bromax for quite some time now. His advice is solid. You really shouldn't have any issues on this run. It's super easy and that drop off is not as bad as you may think. Go out there and start building some confidence and learn how your vehicle performs off road. From there you will see weaknesses and strengths. You will be able to decide if you want to keep doing harder obstacles or not and changing your vehicles capabilities. Along the way you will learn a lot about your vehicle but more importantly you will really learn a whole lot about yourself. That first pic is the gatekeeper of the John Bull and the second is the gate keeper of Holcomb Creek. The third one is on the Rubicon. My point is I certainly did not start out doing all of these trails nor did my vehicles. It was only after time getting out there and seeing what I enjoyed doing with my family.

Thank you very much for the encouragement. I am looking forward to having a great time with you all!

im really tempted.... front shocks are not happy right now. if its raining would we still do fish creek? or any wash for that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom