2019 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting some light rain on and off with some winds here and there, but it is absolutely beautiful
20190221_122128.jpg

For those headed from San Diego or North headed south to get there....As of right now (2.21.19/1000 hrs) The 79 through Julian into the 78 down Banner grade is open without any chain requirements. It's snowing off and on right now through Julian. Obviously things can quickly change. If you want to go the long way through Ranchita into Borrego there are no restrictions. About the worst you will have to deal with is the "fun loving tourists" who will be sure to be driving that way to see the snow and are sure to get in crashes all along the way.
Thanks for the update I'm trying to figure out what route to take coming from south SD.

Coming from Phoenix. What’s everyone think is the best way. To the 78 and down or to the I8 and up through plaster city?

For those headed from San Diego or North headed south to get there....As of right now (2.21.19/1000 hrs) The 79 through Julian into the 78 down Banner grade is open without any chain requirements. It's snowing off and on right now through Julian. Obviously things can quickly change. If you want to go the long way through Ranchita into Borrego there are no restrictions. About the worst you will have to deal with is the "fun loving tourists" who will be sure to be driving that way to see the snow and are sure to get in crashes all along the way.

CHP has 79 as carry chains now. Heading to plaster city. Ugh.

There seems to be some discrepancies in the coordinates, most likely clerical on my end. If you dont see us keep going along the tracks, we are on the left. Coming from the west, if you get to the trestle you have passed us

Coming from Phoenix. What’s everyone think is the best way. To the 78 and down or to the I8 and up through plaster city?

Depends on if you want to drive the dirt road in. If not, Forester Road North to Westmorland, Turn West on CA-78 (could be marked as CA-86) and then West again onto CA-78 right after the Border Patrol checkpoint.

Mike

Sorry guys we won't be able to make it. The wife woke up sick this morning running a high fever. It's probably too late but if anyone wants our spot #54 is out. Bummer, we are all packed up and ready to pull out. This will be our first Desert Rendezvous missed since 2013! Have a great time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom