2019 Appalachian Rendezvous: Official Thread

Donated and happy to finally join the group. This will be my 1st time at a Rendesvous and my first time to Uwharrie, really looking forward to it. Will there be a schedule of goings on posted at some point?

I'll be attending solo, in my Jeep.

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
Donated and happy to finally join the group. This will be my 1st time at a Rendesvous and my first time to Uwharrie, really looking forward to it. Will there be a schedule of goings on posted at some point?

I'll be attending solo, in my Jeep.
I’m working on the sequence of events this weekend, should be live by Monday;)

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
We have a guest speaker coming to Appalachian Rendezvous!

Dan Grec of The Road Chose Me will be on hand with his well traveled Jeep, come hear his presentation Friday from 1800-1900 at the Shadowlands Pavilion!

africa-jk-colorado-1440x960.jpg

Originally from Australia and now hailing from the Yukon, Dan just completed circumnavigating the entire African Continent in his purpose-built Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. The adventure of a lifetime, Dan's expedition spanned three years and covered 53,500 miles through 35 African countries including The Congo, Mali, Sudan, Nigeria and many more. Though the expedition had many misadventures, like Dan contracting Malaria twice, rolling the Jeep in Uganda and camping at International borders, the Jeep itself never suffered a single breakdown and was the perfect vehicle for the adventure.

africa-progress-complete-830x960.jpg

Ten years ago, Dan set out to drive the Pan American Highway from top to bottom. Starting in Calgary, he drove North to Prudhoe Bay in Alaska, then turned south and drove all the way to Ushuia in Teirra Del Fuego, Argentina - 40,000 miles, and now he's passionate about helping other overlanders get out there and live their dreams.

dan_jeep_map_complete.jpg

Just to confirm, is anyone else coming driving a third gen Tacoma too? I have some mods I don't need anymore and could bring them for cheap sale/trade or free maybe. If no interest I'll leave home to save space.

Also if anyone has interested in specific 3D printed mods or parts, I have a 3D printer and may be able to print them for you. DM me the STL file with info and I'll let you know if I can try printing. Let me know asap as some prints take a long time hours or days, so if you want it printed before the event I need time to print. Feel free to check Thingiverse.com and search for your vehicle model you may find something you'd like to try out.

Cheers.

Top Bottom