2018 Lexus GX build

Finally a good solution for the windshield washer reservoir!

https://snowboundcustoms.shop/products/gx-460-10-23-aluminum-washer-fluid-relocation-reservoir

I received my Snowbound Custom reservoir last Thursday and installed it the past weekend. The installation process is pretty easy, it does state removing the whole bumper cover I just displaced the grill by a few inches. They don't provide a solution to mount the windshield reservoir relay so I used 3M VHBT to the radiator core support. You will need to lengthen the fluid low level sensor wires but that's pretty easy. Excellent design, fit and finish. It took approximately 3 hours to install with pictures and cleaning. I also hole sawed a access hole in the radiator cover.

SB#3.jpg
SB#12.jpg
SB#11.jpg
SB#5.jpg

I finally had time to install the Second Skin Spectrum spray on deadener in my wheel wells this weekend.

Removing the remaining wheel well plastics and taping things off. Once parts removed I had to clean with soap and water then a final wipe with alcohol.

Lastly I made a Kydex panel for the left wheel well body mount pocket.
IMG_0324.jpeg
IMG_0326.jpeg
IMG_0334.jpeg
IMG_0335.jpeg
IMG_0336.jpeg

I have been having issues with my sPOD source unit blowing the 2 amp fuse that is located under the lid. After consulting with Baja Designs/sPOD they stated that the older circuit boards of the old design had cracking issues with the solider. My unit was way out of warranty but they have a replacement program for the source unit to update it to the new Bantam source unit. The replacement unit is $375.00 tax and shipping included. Not inexpensive by any measure but better than starting all over with a different brand.

The new unit is about 1/3 smaller and has the wiring attachments on two sides of the unit versus just one side. I was concerned that the wiring wasn't going to be long enough. I managed to have enough wire length but unfortunately due to having to connect the wiring by length the switch layout isn't as logical as before, because some of the wiring wasn't long enough to hook up to the old switch location. I know you are always supposed to leave a foot of wire for a maintenance loop, but didn't. I ended up only needing to drill two new holes for mounting the new smaller unit.

Overall happy that I didn't need to make any new homeruns with the wiring disappointed I didn't leave a maintenance loop.

sPod#1.jpg
sPod#2.jpg
sPod#3.jpg

Last oil change I noticed my front differential weeping on the right side where the CV shaft goes into the axle housing. This should have been replaced when Nitro Gears installed the gears and locker but I have my doubts. Not a difficult job but takes a bit of time. $25.00 part 2-3 hours to replace.

Seal1.jpg
Seal2.jpg
Seal3.jpg

Been a while! New truck parts arrived today, Perry Parts bump stops. Time will tell if these are a updated part compared to Timbren? The design and engineering thought looks promising!

Perry Parts #1.jpg
Perry Parts #2.jpg
Perry Parts #3.png
Perry Parts #4.png
Perry Parts #5.png

Back
Top Bottom