2018 Desert Rendezvous Trail Run - Diablo Drop Off/Fish Creek - Friday

I'm of course bringing extra fuel, but will going 3hrs round trip, running the trail, and getting back to nearest gas station when leaving Sunday be OK with 4gal of extra. I have a VERY thirsty V8. Or is there gas between us and trail head? If answer is "you'll be OK" or "yes" sign me up!

IIRC...gas is only available in Borrego Springs, east of Truckhaven at the big Pilot Station, or south on S2 in Ocotillo.

Does this sound right?

What frequency will you guys be monitoring? I may give you a shout on the way in and possibly join you depending on timing.

Any idea of the frequency yet? If not can someone post it up as soon as it is decided (assuming an internet connection)? I would like to join the group on the way in.

If there’s room and other full sizes are going I’d like to join. Hate to be the only full-size and hold up the group. No winch or ham but can listen and hook a ratchet strap to my chrome trailer ball if needed. Joking I was Joking Dave. Don’t hurt me

If you haven’t been added to the list it’s onlh because a lot of staff are already out here setting up. Just show up to the driver meeting.

Any idea of the frequency yet? If not can someone post it up as soon as it is decided (assuming an internet connection)? I would like to join the group on the way in.
Also interested in the freq, meeting at the trailhead (Sin Nombre Canyon) is looking like a better option for me vs a late arrival thursday night and having to pack up again to do the trail run.

I will attend the driver meeting and post it up once I know it.

Can you also post when the group expects to be around the S2 & I8? I'll be monitoring the Laguna and Monument repeaters also. Still packing now but expect to be on the road by 8ish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom