2017 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering I don't have a dualsport to ride :(, has anyone coordinated a tough trail run (Holcomb Creek or John Bull)? Has anyone coordinated the Pioneertown run?

Sounds good. I'll decide closer to the event which type of trail.

Based on interested, I can offer the following, but can only lead 1 of these (obviously). A HAM radio is advised, but not necessary since I don't run CB or FRS radio.

If you're interested in a hard trail (Holcomb Creek or John Bull) (33" tires, 1 locker, rock rails, skids, full size spare and recovery gear required), post here:
Max 5:

If you're interested in up Clark's Grade, up Gold Mountain, down Jacoby Canyon, down Smarts Ranch Road and up 2N01 to HWY 38 (31" tires, 1 locker preferred, skids, full size spare and recovery gear required), post here:
Max 5:

If you're interested in lunch at Pioneertown and back up the hill (stock vehicles OK - there is a hard bypass for those that want it), post here:
Max 9:

I'll also be happy to lead anyone on Sunday from camp down to Highland/Redlands via fire road. Stock SUV OK.

Sounds good. I'll decide closer to the event which type of trail.

Based on interested, I can offer the following, but can only lead 1 of these (obviously). A HAM radio is advised, but not necessary since I don't run CB or FRS radio.

If you're interested in a hard trail (Holcomb Creek or John Bull) (33" tires, 1 locker, rock rails, skids, full size spare and recovery gear required), post here:
Max 5:

If you're interested in up Clark's Grade, up Gold Mountain, down Jacoby Canyon, down Smarts Ranch Road and up 2N01 to HWY 38 (31" tires, 1 locker preferred, skids, full size spare and recovery gear required), post here:
Max 5:

If you're interested in lunch at Pioneertown and back up the hill (stock vehicles OK - there is a hard bypass for those that want it), post here:
Max 9:

I'll also be happy to lead anyone on Sunday from camp down to Highland/Redlands via fire road. Stock SUV OK.

Thanks @Garrett , it was easier than I expected to talk you into this. I created a sperate thread for this to make it easy to share information https://americanadventurist.com/forum/threads/mrv-trail-run-garrett.5296/

I don't mind leading something but I don't know any of the trails on that side of the mountain. Give me some ideas of a nice loop that would get us back in time to start cooking and I will do my homework. Something moderately hard is okay. The only ones I have really traveled up there is 3N61, 3N16, and 3N17.

I don't mind leading something but I don't know any of the trails on that side of the mountain. Give me some ideas of a nice loop that would get us back in time to start cooking and I will do my homework. Something moderately hard is okay. The only ones I have really traveled up there is 3N61, 3N16, and 3N17.

Middle control road to Clarks grade up to skyline. Lunch along the ridge or at bluff lake, across skyline down Radford truck trail to 7 oaks and back to MRV.

If you are serious about leading a run I will get you more details

As we are now with in 10 Days of MRV (not that I am counting down or anything) I have a couple of things for everyone attending to do.

First and most important is to read post number 1. It will answer just about any question you may have and there is information there that will help the event run smoothly. It is not that long, so give it a read.

Second, print out the hold harmless agreement, sign it, and go put it in your glovebox so it is in the rig and ready for the event.

Click Here for 2017 hold Harmless Agreement (1).pdf

Third on the list is to follow the link to order your swag.
GET EVENT SWAG HERE :box

Next on the list is for those of you who want to be involved with adopt a trail. MRV is the perfect time to bring along your Forest Service Volunteer agreement, this is what gives you workman's comp coverage during trail maintenance. You can print it out and put it in the glove box with your Hold harmless.

As of right now we are ok for Dutch Ovens at the main fire pit by the stage. No fires or charcoal at individual camps. This may change at any time due to fire conditions.

and don't forget read post number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom