2016 American Adventurist Event Schedule

Any chance of an event somewhere in the middle?
I heard there was talk of a Kansas Prairie Rendezvous, but it was agreed most people tend to avoid Kansas, and Kansas Prairie Exodus, while certainly a cool name, just didn't fit with the spirit of the community.

I've got some ideas for a southern New Mexico meet, and I reckon a whole bunch of us would squeal like a pig at the thought of an Ozark Rendezvous, but one thing at a time, right?

;)

I think meets and Rendezvous are two separate animals. The planning and hours that go into a Rendezvous are significant with careful attention to the calendars of other groups with similar interests, and the events themselves often require a team of individuals to execute. For example, there were a few that did the East Coast tri-fecta of AR, Expo, and VORW. For East Coasters, September and early October just got taken off the calendar as these well established events generally take precedence.

I'd love to have the time to put together a trip in the spring or early Winter. My challenge in the East Coast is finding land where anything more than 5 people and their rigs could camp together.

:bsmeter
Well..... Yuma is out..... FML, the green weenie got me.... looks like I'll be stuck in frickin NC for the foreseeable future. BUT I get to head south 60plus miles to New River!! YAY! SO here are my options..... pay to relocate or commute 120 miles a day to and from work.... no highways, mind you.... SO looks I'm moving.... oh and heres the BEST part!! Orders WERE for late July.... not anymore now is 15 MARCH!! (40th birthday) AND My tenants in Yuma are bailing on the lease as of 31 March!!! I keep looking up.... I'm waiting for an anvil, safe, piano or coyote strapped to a boulder to smash me at any moment.....

Looking forward to this year, my plan is to collect all 3 rendezvous patches and since overland expo east is so close...
...and the good news @knightrider is that you can stay for free at UORTC until you're ready to move along to Expo East!

Have you thought about all 5 events? DRV, MRV, ARV, Expo West and Expo East. No one has done that before! I've done three, but all five... that would be an accomplishment.

Have you thought about all 5 events? DRV, MRV, ARV, Expo West and Expo East. No one has done that before! I've done three, but all five... that would be an accomplishment.

I got 4 of 5 last year. Going to have to get them all next year. And actually there is an extra this year . . . Christmas Rendezvous

I got 4 of 5 last year. Going to have to get them all next year. And actually there is an extra this year . . . Christmas Rendezvous
I thought about CRV but it didn't seem, in my mind, to be in the same genre of overlanding focused activities as the other 3 events. More of a benevolent event where everyone hangs out at Lake 0'Neill campground.

CRV Patch in the works? Has the potential to be an interesting edition.

Back
Top Bottom