2014 MRV Sunday Exit Route Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorregoWrangler

Adventurist
Founding Member
2014 MRV Easy Sunday Exit Route Run

After breaking camp on Sunday morning, I think I'd like to take a scenic trail off the mountain instead of the highway. If anyone's interested in this, post up here or come find me in camp. Right now I'm considering taking 2N02 down through Burns and Rattlesnake Canyon towards Pioneer Town and Yucca Valley. Another option would be taking Hwy 18 North down the mountain and entering Rattlesnake Canyon off Hwy 247. This should be an easy / scenic run for any 4WD.

This isn't something I necessarily need to lead. We can work out the details at camp.

Here's some info on the trail: http://www.rattlesnakecanyontrail.com/

RattlesnakeCanyonMap_zps576fad98.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

Possible Participants:

1. BorregoWrangler
2. brentbba
3. Jr_Explorer
4. David Croyle
5. BlkWgn
6. SFSMedic
7. richard310
8. JohnGalt
9. woody
10. Camadile
11. barlowrs
12. taugust

Last edited:
I dont know that I will be able to make it, but Rattlesnake is a lot of fun. I will keep an eye on this

Nice. Looking forward to some good trip reports here on AAV after the Rendezvous! :coffee

if you are just running 2n02 you will have no issues at all, if you actually do rattle snake, there is one spot that is a bit of a tight turn but you should be fine. That being said, rattlesnake is a narrow canyon, that is prone to flash flooding, so it is always changing. I have not run it since before the last major thunderstorms.

Trailer friendly exit? If so, this sounds interesting and fun. Pic from MRV last year.

Yes, trailer friendly. I do remember some tight brushy areas, but unless some major flooding has drastically changed the route, it should be an easy run.

ETA for departure or a leisure Sunday morning? Shoot, you can lead this too. I'll be on your BorregoFest run next month as well...or am I getting you mixed up with Borrego60?

Not worried about tight brushy. Trailer tracks inside that of the Landcruiser.

ETA for departure or a leisure Sunday morning? Shoot, you can lead this too. I'll be on your BorregoFest run next month as well...or am I getting you mixed up with Borrego60?

No, you got it right. I'll be leading that run in October for BorregoFest. I am really looking forward to some cooler weather here so we can get out and enjoy the desert!

Looks like we might be interested too!

We might be in, depending on where and when the run ends... We'll have a loooong drive home after.

Cool, guys! The run will end in Yucca Valley at Highway 62. From there I'll head south to Interstate 10. If you're heading back to San Jose, I guess you'd head North to the 247.

We are very interested too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If I decide to stay the last night, I may very well be up for this too.

Last edited:
Very Nice on BorregoFest - never have done one of your runs at that event! Look forward to cooler temps too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I decide to stay the last night, I may very well be up for this too.

I'm interested too

Count me in also

Kris and I will be heading down through Burns Canyon to Landers on Sunday so we're in!

Cam

Might join if you don't mind having a moto on the trail

Interested, but not sure. Will let you know there.

Sounds good guys!

Very Nice on BorregoFest - never have done one of your runs at that event! Look forward to cooler temps too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know it!

So I'd like to head out at a reasonably early time so I don't get home too late in the day. I'm thinking 9AM at the latest for a departure time. Of course we'll see what's up with everyone Sunday morning.

REMINDER: See below for event schedule and info. Exact change is REQUIRED - we will not be making change on site so... You can bring exact change i.e. one $20 bill and one $10 bill OR you can just donate two $20 bills to the Boy Scouts.

AGAIN, bring EXACT change of $30 and your completed and signed Hold Harmless form!

NO ARRIVALS BEFORE NOON FRIDAY!

:lawyer

Just so everyone is aware, there are a few more rigs coming this year. What does that mean to you? That means that the camp could get a bit crowded. PLEASE NOTE THE OVERFLOW AREAS ON THE MAP - IF YOU WANT ELBOW ROOM, OR PEACE AND QUIET, THAT IS THE PLACE TO BE. THE "UPPER CAMP" AREA BY THE GATE IS HISTORICALLY UNDERUTILIZED AS ARE THE OVERFLOW AREAS NEAR IT. UPPER CAMP HAS A BATHROOM TOO AND ALL ARE A SHORT WALK FROM GROUND ZERO AT THE MAIN FIRE PIT :)

View attachment 8876

Also, here is a reminder of the event schedule. Please make note that the swap meet is looseley organized i.e. no hard set time or place so please handle these details on your own. Same goes for trail runs and other activities. Additionally, please note the timeline on Saturday - this is our big day so make sure you don't miss out on the free pancake breakfast, T-shirt distribution and group photo.

*If you are competing in the Dutch Oven competetion I strongly recommend that you be in camp and cooking by 3 PM to ensure that we are all eating at 5 PM. Raffle will be at 6 PM after we eat and judge the contest.

*IF YOU ARE ARRIVING AFTER DARK, FOR SAFETY'S SAKE PLEASE BE SAFE. THERE WILL BE GROUND TENTS, KIDS, DOGS, GEAR ETC SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND CONSIDERATE WHEN MOVING VEHICLES IN CAMP - RUDELY JOCKEYING FOR POSITION LATE AT NIGHT WITH YOUR MUSIC THUMPING, BRIGHT LIGHTS AND A LOUD EXHAUST MAY CAUSE THE NATIVES TO BECOME RESTLESS...

EVENT SCHEDULE:

FRI:

1200 Arrivals. Check in will be by the main fire pit (see map).
1700 Happy Hour and MRV Swap Meet followed by campfire

SAT:
0800 Pancake and Bacon Breakfast presented by Mojoe Outfitters and American Adventurist
0900 Trail Runs! Hiking! Mountain Biking! Whatever!
1200 Lunch
1300 Trail Runs! Hiking! Mountain Biking! Nap time!
1530 MRV T-shirt distribution at main fire pit. Have your shirt ticket in hand, sizes are first come first serve!
1630 Group Photo by Brent Haywood Photography
1700 Potluck/Dutch Oven Competition (Remember the 2014 Desert Rendezvous?)
1800 MRV Raffle followed by relaxation

SUN:
0900 Trail Runs! Hiking! Mountain Biking! Whatever!
1200 Camp inspected and cleared. Zero residuals.

**Fire Restrictions This Year!**
1. No Campfires. (Campfire in a Can is OK i.e. propane)
2. Dutch Ovens/coaling are a go - ONLY at main fire ring just like last year
3. Mojoe is a go for Saturday morning pancake breakfast at main fire ring.
4. NO CHARCOAL at any of the outer areas/fire rings. ONLY at the main fire ring.
5. Propane BBQ's/stoves/devices are OK.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, WE ARE A TREAD LIGHTLY ALLIANCE MEMBER ORGANIZATION. WE WILL ADHERE TO THOSE PRINCIPLES AT ALL TIMES, AND THERE WILL BE NO DRINKING AND DRIVING ON OR OFF ROAD - ZERO TOLERANCE.

IF I SEE IT OR HEAR ABOUT IT, YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT IT. 'NUFF SAID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom