2006 Toyota Tundra

Peediz

Adventurist
Hey all! A year ago I picked up this double cab 4WD 2006 Toyota Tundra with 96k. I was in the market for a first gen and as soon as it posted I checked it out and brought it home. It lived most its life in Arizona so I was very happy with it having practically zero rust. It has the TRD dual exhaust which isn't crazy but does give it a nice little hum. Here it is on day 1.

IMG_8039.JPG

I've slowly started making some modifications, including adding tinted front headlights, tonneau cover, black rear bumper, and just yesterday I painted the chrome strip on the front bumper to match the paint (pics below). My next mod was going to be painting the grill black because I'm not a fan of all the chrome up front. I'll leave it as is for a couple weeks to see what I think. Part of me likes how the chrome grill goes nicely with the inside of the headlights, although my intentions were to get rid the chrome and darken the truck up so... we shall see.
Future mods are blacking out the side mirrors, upgrading the whole JBL system, and a small lift/bigger tires (basically what Haggis's Tundra Fafhrd had. I love the look and stance of that truck.)
I'm really looking forward to getting this truck set up exactly how I want it. I've also got some road trips planned for the future so I'll be sure to update.
Here are the pics of what I've done so far.

Smoke Headlights:

IMG_8539.JPG

IMG_8541.JPG

Access Lorado Tonneau Cover:

IMG_8775.JPG

Black Rear Bumper:

IMG_9117.JPG

Painted Front Bumper Strip:

IMG_9158.JPG

Nice Tundrabird. Now you got me missing my old truck.
So what happened to Fafhrd?

You ran the Bilsteins at the top notch. How was the ride quality? I'm wondering why Bilstein doesn't recommed the top notch on 4wd double cabs. I plan on installing them in the future and would like to run them at 2.5". I'll prob do a leaf pack like you did as well. I love these trucks, they just need to be a little more "truck" like, if that makes sense.

So what happened to Fafhrd?

You ran the Bilsteins at the top notch. How was the ride quality? I'm wondering why Bilstein doesn't recommed the top notch on 4wd double cabs. I plan on installing them in the future and would like to run them at 2.5". I'll prob do a leaf pack like you did as well. I love these trucks, they just need to be a little more "truck" like, if that makes sense.
Yep, Bilsteins were at the top notch. Make sure you stretch out the CV boots a bit as when there is that much lift the accordion folds on the boots will rub on each other and wear out. My Deaver rear leaf pack was at an additional 2.5 “ and an extra 600 lbs capacity. They did settle about a half inch but the ride quality and weight hauling was excellent. Fafhrd was a work truck first and an adventure truck second and was worked fairly hard but rode and handled well. The rear springs gave it the more truck like feel I enjoy over the commuter ride of it being stock. Fafhrd was the best truck I ever owned and I miss the old boy, I try not to think what has happened to him since I let him go.

E5548675-9D57-4B6F-864E-DFFE832701FA.jpeg

Congratulations on the new truck build! If you ever plan on towing anything we would love to suggest taking a look at our SES kit. Not only is it easy to install but it will keep your truck level when towing and hauling as well as giving you that smooth ride everyone is after. Here is a link to check it out - Timbren SES
If you have any questions about it or other products please feel free to reach out to us. We look forward to seeing your build come together!

Back
Top Bottom