1UP Hitch Racks

Jimmie Perkins

Adventurist
Looking at adding a 1UP hitch-mounted bike rack so I can bring a bike along for adventures. Any Adventurists using one of these and have feedback or advice? Specifically looking at the Super Duty version for 2” hitch. Plan to run this on a truck (Gladiator).

Looking at adding a 1UP hitch-mounted bike rack so I can bring a bike along for adventures. Any Adventurists using one of these and have feedback or advice? Specifically looking at the Super Duty version for 2” hitch. Plan to run this on a truck (Gladiator).

No experience with one, but I’ve done some research and it’s the one I want as well.

:popcorn

I have one that's a few years old. My only regret is not waiting as there are some new features I'd like to have. Nice rack!

I’m leaning towards their original model vs the newer style. Seems more robust for off-pavement.

Found a good comparison review here

I went with the 1UP USA Super Duty (1 bike) version.

DC726C8B-73C7-48BF-897E-81C3310474BA.jpeg

This is easily the best rack I’ve used (previously a Thule roof rack and Quadratec hanging hitch rack). Build quality is amazing. Ships fully assembled. Tolerances are so tight I suspect it was designed by aerospace engineers. It folds up for storage pretty compact and is light enough to handle one-handed. I only have had it on a mountain fire road so far, but it held the bike solidly through ruts, zero rattles and everything stayed tight.

8D81D4D3-C4AC-43C8-9279-8C24EBE5A9DF.jpeg
Fit to the Gladiator is great.

In the carry position unloaded, you can drop the tailgate and the rack doesn’t extend beyond the edge of the tailgate. Nice for in camp, not having to remove the rack to use the tailgate. This of course only applies for the single bike version. AFAIK.

0F3DF4EB-FC42-46EF-8ED2-8A531387122F.jpeg

Came with a hitch pin lock which is nice. Had I known better I would have also ordered the locks that fit through the wheels and the rack arms, since then have ordered. I also purchased the LED license plate holder to throw on for out of town trips since I don’t want a ticket.

In the carry position unloaded, you can drop the tailgate and the rack doesn’t extend beyond the edge of the tailgate. Nice for in camp, not having to remove the rack to use the tailgate. This of course only applies for the single bike version. AFAIK.

That's no small thing. One of the reasons I've put off bringing bikes is because we're constantly in/out of the back of our van once we make camp. I hate the idea of either demounting a rack or having a swing-away that I have to walk around when going to/from the slider to the rear. This is nice.

I finally picked up one of these. After owning other brands including Yakima and Thule, there's nothing better than 1UP. Simply amazing and it's made to use carrying a bike in 4WD off road. I love it.

I finally picked up one of these. After owning other brands including Yakima and Thule, there's nothing better than 1UP. Simply amazing and it's made to use carrying a bike in 4WD off road. I love it.
Yep, this was money well spent. Mine is holding up great.

Back
Top Bottom