1st gen Montero build

how about a picture or two?
This is the only picture I have of it. What would you like a picture of? I can go take some of what your looking for.
The excess threats have since been cut off flush with the wall.

IMG_20160105_174001.jpg

I ran 2ga from the front to the rear, and to and from the isolator.12ga from the isolator to ground and to the switch. Then 4ga from battery to blue sea fuse block. And use 12ga from fuse block to what ever I'm running to. I also have the battery box vented to outside the rig. In the picture it doesn't show but the lid that folds down has a rubber gasket that seals when closed. In case I or my son spill back there it's not going to short out anything.

Last edited:
I'm sure you know this already, but just make sure you get primary wire not speaker wire. Use grommets for running wires through metal(again I'm sure you knew that). But I've see people not use grommets and very quickly regretted it.

Added some door/table leds so I can see. Also added some led strips to my drawers, they work when you pull them out they open close them the lights go off pretty simple.

IMG_20160107_184704.jpg
IMG_20160108_164220.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been a while since I've done anything been gone for a week in Orlando up in Kentucky for a couple weeks before that. So I get back to the shop this morning and got bored,... so I grabbed up some aluminium and made a overhead storage bin for the back of the Monty. 7" deep 35.750" wide 18.250" long.

IMG_20160129_164801.jpg
IMG_20160129_164918.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like it so far well a few days now lol, I'm storing some blankets,spare clothes and a couple tarps in it right now.

Very nice montero, love the progress. I thought I was the only one building one currently, cool to see someone else.

Does the factory light wiring need to be modified for the LED strips?

Very nice montero, love the progress. I thought I was the only one building one currently, cool to see someone else.

Does the factory light wiring need to be modified for the LED strips?

Thanks! Well all my LED strips and aux lighting is ran to my second fuse block fed by the second battery in the rear of the rig, I wanted to leave all the factory wiring stock. That way if anything goes down I can still start up and get home.

Back
Top Bottom