Frankie the Adventure Dawg's Reports

Happy Birthday to my best friend in the world (technically December 1, 2013). :dog - you, too, buddy! Woof.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
Garrett took me shooting this last weekend. We went to his friend's ranch outside of Lompoc and taught some pumpkins some lessons. After all the loud noises, I was set free to run around with Lucy, pee on stuff and search for cows. There were a lot of cows on the property, but they had walked away once the sun went behind the hill and it got cold so I couldn't find them. I ate plenty of their patties. Garrett calls cows hamburgers, so I guess you could say I ate a few hamburger patties because I'm gross. And I like it that way. I'm a dog. :dog
image8.jpeg
View attachment 26015
image4.jpeg
View attachment 26017
image1.jpeg

On the topic of destroying things, it has been 17 days since Roomba has attempted to take our lives. I spent 1,277 days with that monster in my presence. It was always quiet when Garrett was around, all well-behaved. Once Garrett left though, it was war. We attacked each other daily. I would scratch "Jeeves" until he stopped coming after me. Sometimes I had to pick it up in my mouth and drop it. That bodyslam technique always worked. But 17 days ago, fate would have it that Lucy had a genius plan. She pooped in front of Jeeves and he willingly plowed through it trying to get after us! We thought we were dead, but then Garrett got home. The house stank...Roomba had run over the poop, picked it up on the rollers and cleaners and spread it through the ENTIRE house. Talk about waxed floors, eh?
Garrett sprayed Roomba with a hose and it started beeping sad noises. We were triumphant! Garrett took Roomba into the ICU of the garage and opened it up...crappy piece by piece. He got it fixed up, but it wouldn't turn back on. MORE TRIUMPH! Lo and behold, he let it stay in the garage ICU for a few more days. Is Roomba alive?

Last edited:
Garrett took us offroading. He was slipping and sliding all over the mud and you can hear me panting in the video.

Woof! We went camping behind Santa Barbara again. I got super muddy and gross. I even rolled in something dead and smelled like a rotting carcass for the trip home. So bad that Garrett had to take out all the seat covers and wash them. So basically, nothing smells decent anymore and I'll have to work on making them smelly asap!
View attachment 28386
Return.JPG
camp.JPG

Adventures in tetherball!

You now have the Bayleaf seal of approval. I just read your whole thread & watched this video and my Owner came running in the bedroom from the living room because she heard other dogs on video panting and playing.:gnomeshe was excited!

Last edited:
Garrett took us to the beach again last weekend. What a good time! Lucy did a better job of navigating this time, so we never got stuck. We pulled out a 4Runner and a F-250. I did find a dead fish buried a foot deep in the sand. It smelled SO delicious. So delicious that everyone in camp complained and then they took it away from me and I got a bath! I like stinky stuff.
pismo3.jpg
pismo2.jpg
pismo.jpg

It has been one day since I've been at the beach and I'm having withdrawals. I very much enjoy running around in the sand and sunbathing (yes, even as a black dog). Unfortunately, Lucy wasn't allowed to go to the beach per the vet's advice which meant everyone got to experience me in my full glorious self without her stealing the limelight. Not only was I excited to get a Jeep ride, but I got to ride with these babes.
View attachment 30441

We drove out to a secluded spot far in the dunes and away from the beach. This eliminated the dust from all the toyhaulers and noise of everyone on the beach. It was just us. The girls in the group seemed excited to have a semi-private potty. It was interesting to get out to the beach at 10pm and then drive into the pitch black dark dunes at night fully loaded with the teardrop trailer in tow. Garrett drove slow and made a few roundabouts, but navigated successfully to the campsite without need to drive straight down any dune faces. It was nice to not hear children going in circles on ATVs at 7am the next morning!

camp.jpg

Saturday proved to be a very fun day! It was hot so after a quick ride, I found some shade.

Apparently, those razor things can do tricks! As you can see here, someone tried to teach his to "roll over". It didn't get far and ended up on its lid. As we drove up to it, people were crawling out from under it so Garrett made sure they were OK and then pulled it back upright.

Rollover.jpg

The sunset was pretty epic. As you can see, Garrett doesn't know how to park a Jeep and his twin brother, Tyler, thinks he's Zoolander model. You can also see that Garrett is confused on what surfing is and what constitutes a surfboard. Don't worry - it wasn't moving.

sunset.jpg
View attachment 30446
Surfing.jpg
Sunset3.jpg

In the end, we all had a wonderful time. I got to put a hole in Garrett's tent! It was 3am Saturday night and a raccoon was about our campsite. I couldn't contain myself so I put a 10 inch tear in the tent door and went for it. I scuffled with the raccoon and chased it off. Garrett was mad and made me sleep in the Jeep. I can't seem to escape the Jeep even if the raccoons come back. I'll start thinking of how to open the doors since I know how to open sliding glass doors already.

shade.jpg

View attachment 30443

Last edited:
More fun! Garrett took me on a dude's trip to Big Bear. I was so excited to go! We left Santa Barbara around midday and stopped at In N Out for lunch. I knew the weekend would be awesome when he got me my own burger patty. Everyone at In N Out liked me. What's not to like? When we got to Serrano Campground, uncle Tyler gave me a big hug.
tyler.jpg

We enjoyed a nice evening as people showed up. James, Eric and Tanya were joining our group. We came to Big Bear for hot dogs....I mean, NAXJA SoCal Fest, which is now named SnowCal Fest. If you have a Jeep XJ, head over to NAXJA. Leadfoot Offroad sponsored a bbq on Friday night, which was much appreciated after a 5 hour drive.

Saturday morning, we were getting an early start so I made sure I slept by the door for fast action!
sleepy.jpg

Our plan was to go 4wheeling on Holcomb Creek. I may be a badass dog, but once the Jeep starts bouncing around, I need someone to hold me.
jeepin.jpg

Holcomb.jpg

Everyone likes a good butt sniff or two!
sarge.jpg

We came back from Holcomb Creek unscathed via 1N54 in the clouds. We had a nice hot dog lunch (Garrett gave me a hot dog), and then decided to keep cruising. We went on the Gold Fever trail in Holcomb Valley and stopped at the sites...some of which are mine now if you know me. We went down Jacoby Canyon and then backwards down Gold Mountain to camp. We encountered a Dumb and Dumber car at the Gold Mountain waterfall! What a weird puppy.

cruisin.jpg
DumbandDumber.jpg

Then it was time to meet the rest of the Jeepin' folks. It started raining and then turned into snow! We met up with Todd and Will who rode dirtbikes all day. Unfortunately, we were late to the BBQ and the food was gone, but we had some chips and made food back in camp later.

raffle.jpg

Later that night, I got lucky! Eric was starting his peach cobbler in the dutch oven when Tyler accidentally kicked it over. PEACHES...BUTTER!!! There was still enough left in the dutch oven to make, but I got dessert!
yum.jpg

The next morning, there was snow everywhere!
snow.jpg

Naturally, I'm a talented escape artist as a husky, so I made sure to do my morning yoga.

yoga.jpg

After breakfast, it was time to start heading home...the long way! We went up Skyline Road overlooking Big Bear and came down Clark's Grade to Angelus Oaks. It was slow going with the trailer, but it was beautiful in the snow storm!

view.jpg
navigating.jpg
ClarksGrade.jpg

I slept the whole way home! When we got home, Lucy went CRAZY! I'm not sure where she thought we went, but I smelled like adventure! And Garrett just smelled.

Back
Top Bottom