Dave's Four Wheel Camper Flatbed Project: Zephyrus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that era ended when Tom took over the company in 2001 - it's a WAY better product now :thumbsup

Small mods and furnishings continue as I think of them. A place to hang keys and some tunes by EcoXGear

IMG_7714.JPG

On the prowl

IMG_7712.JPG

At the recent FWC Rally I spent some time with Tom (owner of FWC) sitting inside my camper talking about the company and what I liked and what I didn't. We went over a few things that I thought could be improved and Tom took notes.

Lo and behold if a box didn't show up last week with some of the items that we had brainstormed about. Talk about customer service above and beyond the call of duty!

As a result of this keen interest on improving the product line, 3 new modifications have implemented two of which I'll document now and the third will have to wait for a better photo.

First off is the dinette seating. The only thing that was holding the cushion in place was a rubber bumper and small screw. Probably sufficient for smaller folk but I could tell they wouldn't last with me.

The seat...
IMG_8118.JPG

The rubber bumper keeping it from sliding forward...
IMG_8119.JPG

Out with the old and in with the new (original bumper and screw below new and improved bumper)...
IMG_8120.JPG

Voila!
IMG_8122.JPG

Second item was to solve the issue of being able to hang clothes up in the camper like jackets etc. This simple aluminum extrusion mounted to the roof will solve that. And while it may seem like a small thing, it really is important to be able to hang things up. I'll add a pic of it in action later with the camper opened up.

IMG_8121.JPG

The third item? You'll have to wait and see ;)

The 3rd item was pretty simple. The forward area where the utility box (fuses etc) seemed to be where I found myself sitting time and again. This spot had no cushion or actual provision for seating. Now it has a double sided cushion ready to act as both a seat and a step.

Fabric side up as a seat
IMG_8132.JPG

Vinyl side up as a step
IMG_8133.JPG

Love that hangar idea... not as much room in my Hawk but still would like the ability. I also love the idea of the double sided cushion. I remove our cushion to climb in and out but tougher for my wifs as she is shorter. I will check with local upholsterer.

Agree on the need/utility of hanging stuff inside, and sitting on the forward box area by the front window. My Raven had a cushion there but I need to add one in the Hallmark.

We added a couple of those 3M Command hooks to the side of our upper cabinet. They stick on and come right off if we ever want to remove them. Gives us a place for four jackets, etc. pretty easily.

That aluminum hanger holder is great. Did you make it or buy it somewhere? I'd like to put one of those in my Finch.

Last edited:
The more we use the camper, the more the choice to go this route is validated. Love it.

Now we're finally getting out in it a bit. Once you get over a few pinstripes its more fun too :D

IMG_5149.JPG

IMG_5136.JPG

IMG_5054.JPG

IMG_5058.JPG

IMG_5091.JPG

IMG_5093.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom