Roof top tent install help..

Scott

Adventurist
So many of you know I have a cvt mt. Denali coming to me. I just got a call from the shipper, and it looks like the tent will be delivered on friday. I'm putting out a call for help... I have friday and Saturdays off, and would like to get this installed asap so it's not sitting in my driveway. . So the question is, is anyone available around noon on this Saturday for an install party? Lunch and beer or beverages on me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm in. No one has confirmed the Means Dry Lake trip here, so why don't I plan on helping you with the install and then I'll see where I end up. If @bob91yj or anyone else is able to make it out to Means Dry Lake I'll head that way after. PM me your address and I'll be there.

I'm in. No one has confirmed the Means Dry Lake trip here, so why don't I plan on helping you with the install and then I'll see where I end up. If @bob91yj or anyone else is able to make it out to Means Dry Lake I'll head that way after. PM me your address and I'll be there.
I can probably get my father in law to help lift too.. so that makes 3 people... I'll pm you my address now....

As I mentioned my weekends are shot for a while. This Saturday we're putting on a bicycle tour in town with 10, 25, 62, and 100 mile bike rides. I'll be up to ears with vendors, riders, and rest stops. I hope all goes well.

As I mentioned my weekends are shot for a while. This Saturday we're putting on a bicycle tour in town with 10, 25, 62, and 100 mile bike rides. I'll be up to ears with vendors, riders, and rest stops. I hope all goes well.
I wouldn't mind doing it in a few weeks, but I do not have a garage, so I'm afraid it would grow legs ..

And just as promised, delivered between 9 am noon.. my roof top tent is here.. and it's a big bertha!

158a7b7e004af0b516f585381141bfbc.jpg

Glad to see it arrived and it appears yours is in good shape.

I wish CVT would strap these things to a pallet. Mine crossed the country on two different trucking lines and the box was ripped to shreds because it's easier for loaders and drivers to stand it on edge and push it than it is to carry it. The straps that hold the PVC cover down were cut, the tent platform was dented and bent and there were holes torn in my rain fly. I ordered through Blue Ridge Overland Gear and they were fantastic at providing replacement parts, but that should not have been a burden placed on them. They were able to pursue a claim with the trucking companies and recover a small fee. I unload tens of thousands of dollars in equipment and merchandise on a weekly basis from hundreds of vendors and not a single one of them ships items without having them securely strapped to a pallet.

All that being said...I love my CVT!

Yeah my box had a couple of holes in it, but I opened the box and looked as best I could, and it appears to all be straight with no damage. I grabbed a tarp and covered the box, since we are supposed to get a little rain today...

Ok.. we are looking good niw.. I'll have @Gallowbraid @woodienut (who is my generous neighbor, only 8 minutes away) and my father in law, all helping me get this tent heaved up on to the truck tomorrow mid day.. looking forward to it.. I'm thinking it should only take a couple of hours, so it'll probably take double that.

Big thanks to @Gallowbraid @woodienut and @jismay for coming up to help get this behemoth onto the truck bed rack.. all went pretty well with the exception of needing to go to the hardware store for longer mounting bolts... all in all it worked out great and the family likes it!
2ae683590c7b45b77a3d376854b5c6ce.jpg

08d81eb29eadd4157a25144ac563cbf4.jpg

1bd8924dfe59a08c9a1bb221ae09d29d.jpg

5829019a9fde9a1c3cd25128c285cbe9.jpg

371c8dc31bbc34eae29cd58e48ff154b.jpg

c4f32082771295f62e154f64d604a72a.jpg

1ba2474f0e4f46fbd242e6c66a399ed5.jpg

29e7430f029e8af7e0adfc4480b33dc7.jpg

26d7494e52721a05d3f1ce3de893f8ce.jpg

Thabks everyone for the help, can't wait to try it out for the first time!!

Scott

Glad I could help out and I had a great time hanging out with you guys. I don't recall, however, what the heck I was doing in those first two photos. I'm blaming whatever it was on lack of sleep. Truck is looking great and Paige certainly seems to love the tent!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

4.jpg

4.jpg

Looking good @Scott! The Land Yacht is coming along nicely. I'm sure it's a HUGE upgrade from what you were running in the past. :thumbsup

...but man that thing is massive lol.

Looking good @Scott! The Land Yacht is coming along nicely. I'm sure it's a HUGE upgrade from what you were running in the past. :thumbsup

...but man that thing is massive lol.
I know it's freaking massive, but that's the great thing about my truck, it doesn't even notice the weight. I drove the truck to work today, and noticed a slightly increased sway around corners from the extra 185 lbs up on the top of the rack, but over all it was not noticeable.. I want to go test it out soooo bad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom