Adventurist
Senior Staff
November Monthly AAV SoCal Trail Run - Friday to Sunday overnight

When: November 25-27
Duration: 2 night Campout

Difficulty: 2-3 (Scale of 1-10)
Organizer(s): Brett (SFSMedic)
Trail Boss(s): Brett

Friday (11/25) evening Camp before Saturday Run: Trona Pinnacles, once I know the timeframe either myself or another AAV staff member will get there Ill add that here as well.

Run Meet Location and Time: Jawbone Canyon Store– parking lot @1000 on Saturday the 26th, we will conduct a driver meeting at 1030 and then head out.

Saturday Campsite: We plan to camp at Landers Meadows CG and from there finish the trail dropping is out. Camp may be cozy since there 10 plus me (I never seem to count myself), we will make it work. Keep in mind its a holiday weekend so I doubt we will be as secluded as we like so be patient and prepared to adapt as we go.

Route: We will take Jawbone Canyon Rd passed Butterbredt Peak on its South Side, continue on Jawbone into the Sequoia NF. There will be a series of steep switchbacks and then onto Lake Isabella. This trail should take 4-5 hours its approximately 50 miles long.

TR = Trail Rating (explanation)

Lunch/Dinner: Plan on taking a break along the trail for lunch. Dinner will be in camp. Provide your own food please.

Planned Camp Discussion: After Actions Report and feedback for drivers and trail boss once in camp,

Rig Requirements:
4x4 (preferred), mandatory if we have had wet conditions prior to trip
Front and rear recovery points.
Note: our scout @Archangel reported back the trail is in great shape so there should be no issues.

Suggested vehicle mods (not required):
Sliders
Small lift
Lockers
Front traction control (i.e. limited slip locker or air locker)

Communication: HAM channel TBD

Depending on WHO signs up I will be keeping this list for now to 10. If anyone is intimately knowledgeable of these areas please step up so you can assist me in running this. It would be greatly appreciated.

Roster:

1. BlkWgn

2. Humberto

3. Andy

4. Gear

5. Archangel

6. Azmiik

7. Dave

8. GooseGear

9. Mitch

10. Jonburtt

Waiting List:

1. Richard310

What to Bring with you:

Good attitude and willingness to help out, I am out here to have fun and don't do drama.
Bring food, drinks (no alcohol allowed until in camp or after the run)
Sunscreen, bug juice, personal toiletries (just in case)
Spare fluids and parts for your vehicle
Recovery gear if you have it

Feel Free to ask questions, I am sure I forgot something.

Last edited:
To simplify things:
Friday late afternoon group camp
Saturday morning meet at the store to run jawbone canyon to lake isabella and camp probably north side of lake in kernville area
Sunday casual morning before driving home

See above for details

If you would like to just show up Saturday morning to the store and skip Friday evenings camp out then please say so when you sign up for the run. Thanks.

Sign me and the family up

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have to confirm work schedule, then I'm down. This is close to being in my backyard. Only issue is no lockers.

I have to confirm work schedule, then I'm down. This is close to being in my backyard. Only issue is no lockers.
Lockers are under the suggested equipment list but not required. As long as it hasn't been rainy season prior to these dates you should be fine without.

I'll hold off on adding you until you confirm with your work schedule.

In a perfect world...I've already got the time off, not sure what Machelle's schedule is going to be yet. Also depends on how the week before in Baja for the 1000 goes. Put us down as a definite maybe!:cool: We'll be campers, tenting it out of the Jeep.

I have traveled that road from Jawbone to Bodfish Caliente Rd several times this year and would like to join in this adventure.
Excellent because I have not therefore I will pick your brain. Added to the list.

Ok so since the October run is out of the way and this ones a month out. Let's talk camping spots.

I'm taking suggestions since I'm not intimitaely familiar with the area or in all honestly familiar with the area at all.

Paiute Mtn has areas to set up a campsite, and if you continue across Bodfish Caliente Rd you can pick up Breckenridge Rd that will lead you to Breckenridge camp site. That is usually vacant. No amenities. Of course both of these are a wee bit away (south) of Lake Isabella and Kernville. Otherwise, camping along the river may or may not be available as it is first come basis and a holiday weekend.

Back
Top Bottom