Brett C

Adventurist
Senior Staff
December Monthly AAV SoCal Trail Run - Saturday to Sunday overnight

Organizer(s): Brett (SFSMedic)
Trail Boss(s): Brett
When: December 10th-11th
Duration: Overnight Campout

Difficulty: 3-4 (Scale of 1-10), easy trail but 4WD is required making it rank at least a 3

Meet Location and Time: Dairy Queen (address below) – parking lot next door to Chevron @1000, we will conduct a driver meeting at 1030 and then head out.

DQ address: 56265 State Highway 371, Anza, CA 92539

Route: We will run Upper Coyote Canyon down to Baileys Cabin and camp out at Baileys Cabin for the night. This is a short scenic drive so plan on plenty of time to enjoy camp festivities, explore from camp via truck or hike or just relax. The following day we will head back out and have lunch at the Paradise Valley Café (TheParadiseValleyCafe.com).

The concentration for this trip is to get away from it and camp with a little driving to and from. Nothing technical

TR = Trail Rating (explanation)

Lunch/Dinner: Plan all your meals yourself, there will be no trail breaks for chow until camp. Its only a short distance. Approximately 10 miles (2 hours).

Planned Camp Discussion: After Actions Report and feedback for drivers and trail boss once in camp.

Rig Requirements:
4x4 (mandatory) due to deep riverbed sand ground
Front and rear recovery points
Suggested vehicle mods (not required):
Sliders
Small lift

Lockers (highly suggested)

Front traction control (i.e. limited slip locker or air locker)

Communication: HAM channel TBD

Depending on WHO signs up I will be keeping this list for now to 10. If anyone is intimately knowledgeable of these areas please step up so you can assist me in running this. It would be greatly appreciated.

Roster:

1. BlkWgn

2. Mitch (maybe late)

3. Mtngote

4. Azmiik

5. Jayrat

6. Dave and his Trail Whale

7. Boby91yj

Waiting List:

What to Bring with you:

Good attitude and willingness to help out, I am out here to have fun and don't do drama.
Bring food, drinks (no alcohol allowed until in camp or after the run)
Sunscreen, bug juice, personal toiletries (just in case)
Spare fluids and parts for your vehicle
Recovery gear if you have it

Feel Free to ask questions, I am sure I forgot something.

Last edited:
Sign me up.. although I've only got a rear limited slip.. although I do have recovery points and a winch.. possible? I hope so

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sign me up.. although I've only got a rear limited slip.. although I do have recovery points and a winch.. possible? I hope so

You'll be good IMO

Sign me up.. although I've only got a rear limited slip.. although I do have recovery points and a winch.. possible? I hope so.

GMC/Chevy HD's have what's called a Gov-Loc locker, works well enough. I guess I just assumed that Dodge/Ram had a similar set up. Anyone know if Ford's have a factory locker?

We'll be tenting it out of the Jeep.

GMC/Chevy HD's have what's called a Gov-Loc locker, works well enough. I guess I just assumed that Dodge/Ram had a similar set up. Anyone know if Ford's have a factory locker?

doesnt look like the ford HD's have a locker as an option.

I think the dodge setup is similar.. I know some ford's with fx4 package come with a rear locker. I've never had an issue at most 3 rated trails with my truck. I've followed some tacomas and fj cruisers to places I shouldnt...

Damn all you full size weirdos!!
So, can I come or not? ;) Body damage is of no concern
I've got some nice new deep scratches from Los coyotes.. which I attribute to my lack of driving ability. Plus, I'll have a fairly new rtt I need to try.

Back
Top Bottom