Junkyard Bound Second Gen Tacoma restoration.

Ok so winter is over now I made some money, found all the parts I needed. I got a new fusebox/wire harness and dash Harness. Those were not so easy to find. Now i will have some free time to switch over all the new wiring! Doesn't this look fun guys?! I am going to Moab on the 15th so I will finish by then and get the camper on it.
image.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
* UPDATE!
This is now my daily driver! All the electrical works 100%! I must be some kind of red neck genius! I was able to pass saftey inspection on the second go. I had to change the Rack and Pinion and the pump to get the power steering back up and running. That was a royal pain in the ! It has been a long labor of love and it was worth it! Because I am not in debt to this truck! Paid in full! Total cost 8,500 Tomorrow I go to pick up a new bigger badder camper for Thomas 2.0.As for Thomas the Truck... He is for sale
1999 Toyota Tacoma
http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3139159
image.jpeg

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Thomas The Truck 2.0! New camper!! I am super jazzed to find one so light and fits the 6ft bed. Its 1300lbs and sags the back end More then I like. Next on my agenda is to install airbags on the rear end to help the springs and level it. They are already on the way. Should I paint the camper the same green color or keep it white? Also buying new tires soon. I was looking at the Nitto Terra Grappler in 10 ply for the added weight. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I could not sleep on Saterday morning. My mind was running just thinking about that firestone airbag kit. So 5am I started pre assembly and ended up installing them. And WOW. What a difference. I aired them up to level about 5" and 60psi. The ride is so much smoother and sturdy. Confidence level at a new High. Next I ordered the camper mount brackets for the front and rear. These ratchet straps need to go.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My new home. I decided to stop paying rent and live out of the camper full time. After looking out at the truck at night. You could only see the camper not the truck. I do want to paint the camper to so it doesnt stand out. And getting out of it in the morning the white is blinding.

I love this thread...total resurrection. :truck

Have to admit, the interior shot of the wiring/connectors/relays/dash opened up made my BP increase several ticks. Keep up the great work. :tip

Got some mud on the new tires the other night. I woke up at 2:30 to some heavy rain and found myself in the middle of a lightning storm! One bolt struck a hunfred feet from my camper. I was looking right at it and it temporaraly blinded me and put the fear of God in me. Then I woke up to the snow. I hate to leave Utah but I got a job offer in SoCal that is too good to say no to.
image.jpeg

I did a sweet backsplash over the cooking area. I just added the magnetic strip for my cook ware. Yes I have prepared food with all these tools. I played real life fruit ninja with the Machete. I was at a hot spring with a watermelon and sliced it all up. Talk about making friends. Everyone loves watermelon!
image.jpeg

Did some cleaning and organizing. It is amazing how quickly organization can snowball when you dont put something where it belongs. I have to say coming up on month 5 of sleeping in my camper. Now more then ever I am so comfortable and have all the bugs worked out. It really is my bedroom on wheels. When I am back there it feels like home and I often forget I am in a truck. Often where I am parked at that.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Update:
Here are some after remodel pics. It is amazing what paint and hardware can do to a place.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Oh but here is the latest.... I moved the stove to the edge about an inch to make room for my herb garden! Running a T5 fluorescent light off grid! Now I will be able to have fresh greens to cook and make drinks with!
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom