Shovel combo worth checking out

That is a cool kit if you carry a high lift. I'm probably going to get the high lift handle kit, because I do carry one. For those who do not are now presented with multiple
Options.

That is a cool kit if you carry a high lift. I'm probably going to get the high lift handle kit, because I do carry one. For those who do not are now presented with multiple
Options.
If I'm reading the description right on that amazon listing for the hi lift product, it comes with a telescoping handle.. but either way, multiple products are always good for capitalism.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have always said that the most useful part of the high-lift is the handle. This Pioneer-kit-in-a-bag just shows that high-lift is willing to listen.

I am a little concerned about the shock factor when using an axe or sledge hammer with a steel handle though. I worked on a fence crew that used to have a sledge with a piece of pipe welded on as a handle. We kept it around for newbies who kept missing and messing up wooden handles. It was affectionately known as "stinger" or "#$%&$%#&#!!!!! stinger" because of how it hurt to hit anything with it.

I am a little concerned about the shock factor when using an axe or sledge hammer with a steel handle though. I worked on a fence crew that used to have a sledge with a piece of pipe welded on as a handle. We kept it around for newbies who kept missing and messing up wooden handles. It was affectionately known as "stinger" or "#$%&$%#&#!!!!! stinger" because of how it hurt to hit anything with it.

I have the same concerns. I haven't bought the Handle-All yet, but I've been thinking about how to modify it to alleviate this. Some kind of foam, like pipe insulation, wrapped around it, perhaps. Or, depending on the diameter of the steel handle, maybe a piece of wood bored out to slide over it and then pinned in place.

If you don't need the axe and hammer head, here's something new that might serve, and is a lot cheaper. But, frankly, I'm a little concerned about all the threaded joints in the handle. I fear it's really not going to prove to be all that tough.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LFBQ0AQ?psc=1
I have something similar to this. It's pretty solid. I carry it more as a weapon of opportunity but I'm sure it would come in handy if needed for it's intended purposes.... other than splitting wigs...

Back
Top Bottom