A rough start to Jeep life...

I talked to the case manager and they offered me 2k to keep the vehicle. I said if they added the platinum service package and warranty to that I would be happy. Seem fair?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yep. Stick to your guns if that's what youve decided.

So, Jeep offered me what I asked for, and I signed. After a week of driving problem free, I thought I was in the clear. Wrong, problems returned on my way home from work. I'm trading this pile in the minute they tell me its fixed and never buying a Fiat again. Back to Toyota life... #myjeepstory.

Sorry to hear of your issues... I made the same decision years ago after trying a Dodge and Isuzu product, only Toyota for me. Mazda made (not re-badged Fords) are the only other brand I have owned that were flawless! 1991 Protege and 1986 B2000

Sorry to hear it is still giving you trouble... I am sure I would be following your decisions in teh same situation. For the amount you invest in a vehicle like that, it does not seem to be too much to ask for it to work.

Fiat finally agreed to repurchase the Jeep. The dealer/ service people took three weeks just to send the paperwork to the Chrysler case manager. Lame. I was going to be down $4k trading it in, so I'm glad Fiat finally pulled their collective head out. I did order a sweet 2017 Tacoma 4dr TRD Off-road in the mean time...
I learned to drive in a CJ-3 with no top and no doors. I really wanted the JK to be my next adventure vehicle, but either fate or God had other plans. Someone needs to buy the Jeep brand back and return it to its roots.

The final solution to the Fiat problem.

4dbb282fff151a54a4bd103c7f2d67b4.jpg

Trade it in for a Power Wagon. :peek

At this point, it's not worth continuing on with all the headaches. It's time for the dealer to step up to the plate or time for you to get a different vehicle that actually works. That's just me though... I'd be fed up. :wth?
Yeah trade the Chrysler with Chrysler electrical issues in for another Chrysler that sounds reasonable. Said no one ever.

Get a Taco

Yeah trade the Chrysler with Chrysler electrical issues in for another Chrysler that sounds reasonable. Said no one ever.

Get a Taco
Hahaha, yep. New Taco acquired, and it's even the right color. I already ordered the CBI rack and soon it will get OME BP-51 suspension. But, I'll post that in the Taco section out of respect to the Jeep forum.

I now know the purpose of the Jeep wave: It is a symbol of comraderie brought on by common suffering. [emoji12]

Jeeps are like wine . . . . the vintage is important.

My '72 CJ5 is as reliable as my Landcruiser, but my wife's 2013 JK has a monthly quota for shop time.

Of course the '72 only has about six feet of wiring. The JK has something like a million miles of wire, 17,000 sensors, and 37 computers that have to have a convention and unanimously agree with you every time you want to start the engine.

From what ive read and personal accounts and personal experiences... (family/friends/forums). I only support older Jeeps when it comes to Jeep. I have a 99 XJ. and any jeep before then I think is a good vehicle. Especially with all the tranny problems in the news lately with cherokees and renegades. Jeep Talk Show was going to do an interesting story on how the JK's have an unusual number that don't go past 120K or something, but they couldnt get anyone to go on the record for it... Like many names Coleman, Jansport, Jeep they are just shells of their former selves.

If you're bored or like podcasts during your commute. check this episode of This American Life out. It explains in general the differences in Japanese and American managing and assembly line methods.
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/561/nummi-2015

...now if they can only only make a tacoma and 4runner that looks good...

Sorry to hear you had these issues. I own/Have owned several Jeeps of multiple platforms (TJ, JK, WK, and WJ) and my issues have always been with the service, not the brand. I had another Chrysler product that should have been covered under the lemon law and they fought me every step of the way.

I'm kinda glad I read this thread. I've been pondering a 4-door replacement for my high-mileage Tacoma for a bit now and was really looking into the JKU platform. Having owned numerous TJs I kinda missed the doors off, top down experience but have been hesitant on the Jeep reliability. Guess I'll stick with a double cab Taco.

Back
Top Bottom