Santa Barbara, CA - Big Caliente Hot Springs Info & Trips

The vault toilet was fixed. Not by me. What a beautiful weekend camping! It was the first time my mom has been camping in probably 20 years and we had a blast!

She said I sure know how to camp and host. After stuffed mushrooms and Santa Maria BBQ tri tip - I'd agree.

First available weekend for me would be Oct 17-18. I'd have to come up late Friday night (at least part way)/first thing Saturday morning, if the rest of you leave Friday.

The road to the hot springs is not open. It is closed because of all the rain we just had. And more rain coming next week.

The Romero Cameusa Gate at Divide Peak on East Camino Ceilo is still CLOSED as of Friday, February 5, 2016 until further notice due to flooding. Due to this closure this is no motor vehicle access to Middle Santa Ynez Campground, Rock Camp, Big Caliente Campground, PBar Flat, Mono Camp and Little Caliente Hot Springs.

Contact the Santa Barbara Ranger District Office for road status information at (805) 967-3481 X 0.

East Camino Cielo Road (the only access road to the springs) got closed for fire traffic. This Rey Fire is a nasty one behind Santa Barbara. :( And then we've got the Chimney Fire north of us in SLO.

As of today:
ReyFire north of Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara County) is now 23,546 acres & 20% contained.
ChimneyFire at Running Deer Rd & Chimney Rock Rd south of Lake Nacimiento (San Luis Obispo County) is now 31,644 acres and 35% contained.

Bummer. The red pin is where the Middle Santa Ynez Campground is. The fire is very close to Little Caliente. I sure hope it doesn't burn through there!
Fire.jpg

Back
Top Bottom