Test fit, sitting on blocks. Will be adding air bags as the camper weighs a bit (1670 lbs as is) and suspension compressed about 2 inches for this test fit (the rear is not lifted at all, OEM Ram 2500 coil springs in the rear if anyone is wondering).

Air Lift 1000 part #60927 on order per advice from @Redline :thumbsup

image.jpeg

Here's the air bags, these fit inside the OEM coil springs. Inflate to a max of 35 PSI when loaded and all is good.

image.jpeg

are your spare(s) going forward of the camper? perhaps 1 spare and 1 water tank? Spare fuel tank? Dog Kennel? Child Kennel? tool box?

are your spare(s) going forward of the camper? perhaps 1 spare and 1 water tank? Spare fuel tank? Dog Kennel? Child Kennel? tool box?

The tunnel box will store a full size 37 inch spare as well as other things.

Well, now we've moved on to field testing the new setup. Driving it up Thomas Mtn I was watching two things (this is new to me).... The trail and trees/overhead obstacles. I need 9 ft ;)

Here's the port side since @TangoBlue thinks I'm photographing the starboard side too much :lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You just touched two of the major concerns with your pending move out East...trees and corrosion.

Most trails and service roads shouldn't be a problem for arboreal obstacles for your height until you start working your way onto two-tracks and such. Most forest roads are built to handle timber harvesting so log trucks have already cleared the height for you. Its only when you get off the major tracks that the forest closes in and having a small chain saw and/or pole saw stuffed into one of your storage boxes could save you some costly damage.

Yep, height will now be a concern for you along with width. I recall our DV trip and getting back into Barker Ranch. There is a large tree branch that overhangs the trail and I wasn't sure if I could make it. Took pinstriping across the camper but made it under the branch... barely. If you recall my co-phased CB antennas, they were about 4" higher than the camper. I used them as height guides. If they didn't hit, I likely would not worry about the camper. If they hit, it was likely a no-go situation.

BTW, the camper looks GREAT!!! Seriously loving this setup. We need to come up and get a tour of this, since a flatbed setup is what I always wanted.

You just touched two of the major concerns with your pending move out East...trees and corrosion.

Most trails and service roads shouldn't be a problem for arboreal obstacles for your height until you start working your way onto two-tracks and such. Most forest roads are built to handle timber harvesting so log trucks have already cleared the height for you. Its only when you get off the major tracks that the forest closes in and having a small chain saw and/or pole saw stuffed into one of your storage boxes could save you some costly damage.
You didn't see @Dave latest thread on the other new truck he bought for Nori when they go camping back East?

AAV Tree Truck.jpg

Yep, height will now be a concern for you along with width. I recall our DV trip and getting back into Barker Ranch. There is a large tree branch that overhangs the trail and I wasn't sure if I could make it. Took pinstriping across the camper but made it under the branch... barely. If you recall my co-phased CB antennas, they were about 4" higher than the camper. I used them as height guides. If they didn't hit, I likely would not worry about the camper. If they hit, it was likely a no-go situation.

BTW, the camper looks GREAT!!! Seriously loving this setup. We need to come up and get a tour of this, since a flatbed setup is what I always wanted.
IIRC I had to take my ham antenna down and scraped the top of the flippac on that branch in the Tacoma.

Back
Top Bottom