EXPO East 2016 -Dates and location?

I have done the weekend pass/camping thing. The workshops by Land Rover were free and very interesting, the vendor area is very educational but you can only do so many laps.... then I was bored. When classes ended and folks came back to their camp area, it was fun again, lots of new friends, fireside chats, movies or talks at night.... If you can swing it, the classes would add o the experience in my opinion. I have been to the last 2, once as weekend camping and once helping a vendor. I have not attended the event and done classes yet.
I am leaning hard toward just the camping and weekend pass. On another note, my wife Ann has applied to speak regarding foraging and herbal medicine and how it can improve your camping/ Overland experience... Hope she gets the chance to share her knowledge with you guys...

We would LOVE to make East this year but my schedule is SLAMMED between 36 Hours of Uwharrie and our own Mountain Rendezvous and Appalachian Rendezvous events. Just not enough of me to go around this year with work and family obligations.

That said, in 2017 we plan on driving to both Appalachian Rendezvous AND Expo East!
:map

Currently on the Continental Divide trip by Exploring Overlanding and in Hartsel CO today. Made my reservations for OEX East. Also planning to go Appalachian Rendezvous.
Hartsel-1.jpg Hartsel-2.jpg

Good news today! Ann has been accepted as an instructor at Expo East! She is teaching, "Ramp up your camp menu, foraging for wild edibles" and "Herbal Remedies You can find on the Trail". You are on notice that you WILL attend these classes, whether you want to or not!:)
Here is a sample...
“Ramp” Up Your Camp Menu! - Foraging for Wild Edibles in the Southeastern US

Whether you're interested in incorporating local wild edibles into your Overlanding camp menu or wanting to learn what is safe to eat when your trip suddenly turns into a survival situation, join us for this hour long, hands-on introduction into how to forage common wild plants native to the Southeastern United States. We will examine some of the most readily available and easily identifiable edible plants, learn how to harvest them and easy ways to prepare them. Potted versions of a variety of these plants will be provided for study and a plant walk will be available after class to those interested in testing out their new knowledge.

Last edited:
Got my acceptance confirmation for being an instructor, but no idea which of my proposals they accepted. I suspect I'll repeat what I facilitated at west earlier this year.

Good news today! Ann has been accepted as an instructor at Expo East! She is teaching, "Ramp up your camp menu, foraging for wild edibles" and "Herbal Remedies You can find on the Trail". You are on notice that you WILL attend these classes, whether you want to or not!:)
Here is a sample...
“Ramp” Up Your Camp Menu! - Foraging for Wild Edibles in the Southeastern US

Whether you're interested in incorporating local wild edibles into your Overlanding camp menu or wanting to learn what is safe to eat when your trip suddenly turns into a survival situation, join us for this hour long, hands-on introduction into how to forage common wild plants native to the Southeastern United States. We will examine some of the most readily available and easily identifiable edible plants, learn how to harvest them and easy ways to prepare them. Potted versions of a variety of these plants will be provided for study and a plant walk will be available after class to those interested in testing out their new knowledge.

I actually think my wife will be very interested in this! Her family has deep roots in the South and uses some wild edibles in her cooking so I'm sure she'd be interested in expanding her knowledge base.

I actually think my wife will be very interested in this! Her family has deep roots in the South and uses some wild edibles in her cooking so I'm sure she'd be interested in expanding her knowledge base.
Cool. Look us up when the time comes. Are you going to Appalachian Rendezvous also?

We are trying to see if we can fit it into out schedule. Fall is a busy time for us but we hope to make it.

_DSC1302.JPG
_DSC1939_edited-1.JPG
_DSC7666.JPG
Looking forward to the EXPO this year and meeting new folks. Asheville will be gorgeous that time of year and the Biltmore Estate is very impressive, if you have never been before. I live in the area and am more than happy to help with local recommendations. There is plenty to see and do in the area.

We would LOVE to make East this year but my schedule is SLAMMED between 36 Hours of Uwharrie and our own Mountain Rendezvous and Appalachian Rendezvous events. Just not enough of me to go around this year with work and family obligations.

That said, in 2017 we plan on driving to both Appalachian Rendezvous AND Expo East!
:map

Whaaaat? You can sleep when you're dead, Dave.

BoldNight-PRINT (1).jpg
While we are not new to Overlanding we are excited to now be on this forum and meeting lots of new friends. After meeting Dave a the 36 Hours of Uwharrie it was hard not to join this group. We are planning on attending the ARV and Expo-east and hope to meet many more of the adventurers in this group. Safe travels everyone

Attachments

• DSC_0478.JPG
    DSC_0478.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2092.JPG
    IMG_2092.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 72
Fairly new to Overlanding, so I volunteered for the Expo. Figured this would be the best way to learn, meet and get in for free. Looking forward to the experience. See ya'll there!

Back
Top Bottom