I think Dave will be fine. I watched some big diesel trucks idle up stuff with ease. It's true at some point you are too big for some things.
But if a 4dr new Taco with a wheelbase of 140.6″ can handle something, then I can usually handle it with my 149.3 wheelbase. And the Ram is 79.1 wide vs 74.4 in on the Taco. Those things are a lot bigger than they used to be.

Adding a bit more clearance up front, gain about an inch by loping off this corner of the pinch weld and a bit more of the plastic there.

Before:

image.jpeg

After:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Not a fan of the font used for the "Torque Wagon" logo on the tailgate, the "wagon" part in particular. The rest of the truck looks awesome to my eye!

Not a fan of the font used for the "Torque Wagon" logo on the tailgate, the "wagon" part in particular. The rest of the truck looks awesome to my eye!

That's old school Mopar there Bob. Luckily for your eye, that bed and tailgate will be long gone by August I hope ;)

Any particular reason you didn't buy a chassis cab since you're going to put a flatbed on it anyway?

Great question. It came down to numbers - bed delete option (chassis cab) is a cost savings of $600. Buying off the lot from existing inventory gave us maximum leverage for negotiating - ordering this same truck as a chassis cab would have cost a lot more IMO.

Great question. It came down to numbers - bed delete option (chassis cab) is a cost savings of $600. Buying off the lot from existing inventory gave us maximum leverage for negotiating - ordering this same truck as a chassis cab would have cost a lot more IMO.
Thanks. I thought that might be the case. Following this thread with interest.

I really liked the the tacodoc theme Dave had so the torque wagon seems tame to me. So ramdoc is to easy and cumdoc is a no so any other ideas. Sorry Dave but it had me thinking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing some traveling and camping pics of this truck being used. I think @Dave could use some fun time with his new ride after the whirlwind of prep he did getting ready for the Expo.

Back
Top Bottom