2005 4Runner questions

Malamute

Adventurist
I ended up with an 05 4Runner. Can anyone tell me what the proper jack storage method is? it didn't have any of the jack or tools. I bought a set, but there doesn't appear to be any way for the jack to be secured, does it just set in the compartment and can sort of rattle around?

Theres a compartment on the right side with straps in it, what was supposed to go there?

Anything I should know about this vehicle or watch for? Its 2wd, V6, 4sp auto trans. I needed a basic travelling vehicle for the time being, and was running out of time. Family issues will require me to drive quite a bit in the near future.

The frame looks OK, no bad rust issues as Ive seen mentioned online. Body is clean and sound. Seats don't kill my back. It will do for now.

The jack and tools compartment is in the sidewall behind the rear tire on the left, I just didnt know if it was secured in some way or just set in the spot and could sort of rattle around. The tools have a rubber strap and hook to secure them, nothing apparent for the jack.

Will take a couple pics tomorrow. Curious what the horizontal compartment on the right side was intended for.

Some cute little ammo storage compartments on top of the wheel wells.

Anyone know if theres a way to re-program how the locking/unlocking works? Id like to disconnect the rear hatch lock from the door lock buttons/controls.

Can the window lock be changed to allow only the driver to run the windows but none of the other controls work? If I use the window lock, I cant run any of the windows without unlocking the lock every time, then locking it again to keep the dog from working it. Ive always left it on lock in my Suburban so the dog cant stand on the window controls and run it all the way open, but I could operate them from the drivers control with the rest locked. Like that mode.

Also detest the automatic door unlocking when put in park, but found information on how to change that.

Back
Top Bottom