2016 A.R.S.E.S. Pine Creek Gorge Float: Cancelled

The weather looks like rain in the middle of the week and the weekend in the mid 60s. I hope this pans out.

P.S. My buddy Mike is planning on joining us this time.

It is under 2ft now and predicted to stay under 2 feet thru Thursday. Not looking good. I am cancelling my reservation. If we somehow jump above 2.6, I can do a day trip on Saturday

I looked at the gauge this morning and figured this trip wasn't going to happen.

-Andy

I'm thinking to scrub this trip which is a bummer. This would be the first float we ever cancelled.

Can I get a second on cancellation and I'll update the thread title to reflect the changes.

Ugghh! I am guessing you don't think the rain showers predicted are going to make enough difference. Are you guys going to keep an eye on it anyway and maybe do a official final call on Thursday. I am trying to be optimistic. Do you know how much rain they would need to get to raise it or have you been in touch with Pine Creek Outfitters to get their opinion. I am so mad. I missed it last year and now the weather isn't cooperating. Ugghhh!

I don't think the rains forecasted will make any difference.
Motion.jpeg

-Andy

Is there any chance or have you guys considered it a definite no. I was really hoping to wait to see what happens to the water level on Thursday night, but I am guessing that is just too late for making a call. Is there anyway to reschedule or not for this year?

Geez, it's only Wednesday Al... kill-joy... :stir

Perhaps you can talk Mark into letting loose his fearsome Mjölnir into the heavens to let loose a mighty flood in the next 24 hours. :D

Unfortunately I had to lend my Hammer to my whiny, pretty boy cousin...some nonsense about saving the world of mortal man. I hate this to be the first time to suspend a float but conditions are just not favorable so this trip is cancelled. Be sure to check in regularly for last minute floats that might spring up with changing conditions.

Next weekend, May 7-8, might be a good time to paddle. Both the Little J and Pine Creek are projected to be at or over 3' during the week.

-Andy

Hoping my work schedule will allow me to make one of the floats soon. It has been to long.

Is anyone able to do a float this coming weekend or not? It would be great to be able to hit the Pine Creek while the water is high! Any thoughts or possibilities?

I could do Saturday with camping at Stony Creek Campground on Friday night and Saturday, then get the shuttle as we had originally planned last trip.

Last edited:
I can not attend as this coming weekend is Allison's college graduation ceremony. If you guys can swing I would encourage you guys to go!

I can not attend as this coming weekend is Allison's college graduation ceremony. If you guys can swing I would encourage you guys to go!

Congratulations! It seems like it wasn't that long ago that she was starting college...

She's doing well. Already passed her abdomen sonography boards and is already employed. We couldn't be prouder of her.

I am in Omaha all this week, so I have to catch up at home this weekend. Sitting in Ohare now:mad:

Back
Top Bottom