(E0)2

stevesimpson6

Adventurist
Okay friends, I think we all share a common problem; too much stuff and not enough space. Driving a 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser, I realize I’m not doing myself any favors on interior storage space so my favorite fall back storage solution is Pelican Cases on the roof rack.
However I’ve found the cargo straps to be time consuming and when coupled with my concern of someone stealing the case while I’m sleeping in a motel; the added cable lock has become painful. So I finally made the investment in (EO)2.
(EO)2 is a mounting system with a “Snaptop” rail that bolts to the case, and a Bottom rail that bolts to the roof rack. No more messy and time consuming attachments: no more bungee cords, no more straps, no toggles clamps, and no moving parts – just the (EO)2. I ordered the one with the lock and so far I love it.

Photo Jul 19, 3 25 00 PM.jpg
Photo Jul 19, 3 24 33 PM.jpg
Photo Jul 19, 3 23 43 PM.jpg
Photo Jul 19, 3 23 38 PM.jpg
Photo Jul 18, 4 29 27 PM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, I've been contemplating these for the last month or so, how have they worked out for you the last 6/8 months?
On another note, do you have any info/pictures on your roll-bar style rack inside your FJ? I only got a quick peek at it at Appalachian Rendezvous in the rain and I really liked it, and I'm crowding my dog with stuff.

Last edited:
OK, I bit-the-bullet today and ordered the (EO)2 setup. I'm really looking forward to when it shows up, I'll post how it works out in my application.

Obviously the base just bolts to your rack. How does the corresponding bracket attach to the Pelican box?

I'm not sure how Steve did it, but my plan is to bolt thru the bracket & case? I'll know more when I get a good look at the bracket.

Be sure and post here, please. I'm about to just bolt my Pelican cases directly to my roof rack. I probably still will since I bought them specifically to do that but this may be a better option. I specifically bought sizes that will still allow me to pull into my garage with them bolted down.

The more stuff you throw on the roof, the more top heavy it gets and worse aerodynamics for mpg. Have you not considered a expedition trailer?

The more stuff you throw on the roof, the more top heavy it gets and worse aerodynamics for mpg. Have you not considered a expedition trailer?
b673004fe3e33053f154bc58e157d6e0.jpg

You mean like this one with all the crap on top of it? [emoji23]
My FJ is so damn aerodynamic, what's a couple boxes going to do?
Those dinosaurs died a long time ago.
f853c6ca16e8e607e3a93190725e1893.jpg

I'll keep you posted.
Send from Taptalk and I can't find a sarcasm doohickey.

I have zero desire to tow a trailer with my rig, and that would probably be worse for mpg in my case. I'm keeping everything low on my rack unless there is a huge need for fuel/water. My MWCs and MFC will be stored flat on the rack and my Pelican boxes are just over 6" tall. Everything will barely stick up an inch or two above the leading edge of my roof rack. I just want it out of the way for sleeping inside. It's my anti-RTT.

I have zero desire to tow a trailer with my rig, and that would probably be worse for mpg in my case. I'm keeping everything low on my rack unless there is a huge need for fuel/water. My MWCs and MFC will be stored flat on the rack and my Pelican boxes are just over 6" tall. Everything will barely stick up an inch or two above the leading edge of my roof rack. I just want it out of the way for sleeping inside. It's my anti-RTT.
It think that would be fine... just don't store gold or platinum up that high and you should be okay. :D

I'll post the measurements (how much the mounting bracket raises the cases) when mounted, when they show up, my guess is less than an inch? I like the option of snapping them off, taking them down to rummage through them on the ground.

I'll post the measurements (how much the mounting bracket raises the cases) when mounted, when they show up, my guess is less than an inch? I like the option of snapping them off, taking them down to rummage through them on the ground.
Steve's are not that tall at all, in fact if you didn't know the mounts were there you'd think the Pelican's were just sitting loose on the rack. IMHO...

Steve's are not that tall at all, in fact if you didn't know the mounts were there you'd think the Pelican's were just sitting loose on the rack. IMHO...
Yeah, that's what I meant.

But, Steve's tall, right? 6'3' or 6'4" on the east coast, or 6'5" or 6'6" in California? Right?:keyboard

Tim, On another note, do you have any info/pictures on your roll-bar style rack inside Steve's FJ? I only got a quick peek at it at Appalachian Rendezvous in the rain and I really liked it, and I'm crowding my dog with stuff. Just check'n.

Tim, On another note, do you have any info/pictures on your roll-bar style rack inside Steve's FJ? I only got a quick peek at it at Appalachian Rendezvous in the rain and I really liked it, and I'm crowding my dog with stuff. Just check'n.
PM me your email and I'll ask the guys that built it to send you some pictures.

Sorry this took a L O N G time...
(EO)2 bracket.jpg
(EO)2 bracket.jpg

It looks to me about 1-3/16" off the surface + or -?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 42
It took a couple weeks to get the brackets, and the Overland Expo happened, etc., etc.

FullSizeRender.jpg

First I mounted the heater to a piece of aluminum (what I had), and screwed that to the Pelican case.

IMG_1624.JPG

Mounted the receiver part of the bracket to the trailer with 4 - 5/16" stainless steel carriage bolts/washers/lock nuts on the inside.

FullSizeRender (6).jpg
FullSizeRender (7).jpg

The locking side of the bracket was fastened to the door of the Pelican case with 4 - 1/4" stainless steel bolts/lock nuts/fender washers.
FullSizeRender (9).jpg
Inside with washers...
FullSizeRender (4).jpg
Snapped together on the trailer.
Shower(11).jpg

A small amount of adjustment front to back.

Shower1.jpg
Shower (14).jpg
Shower (13).jpg

Lock

shower (10).jpg
Shower (02).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Next, hook up water pump and hose.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 45