Reuben Sandwiches make an Awesome Camp Dinner!

Mojoe Outfitters

Adventurist
On our recent overlanding trip to Death Valley, I decided to make my favorite sandwich for the five hungry guys in my group: Reubens! It all started when I walked by the meat counter at the supermarket on the day after Saint Patty's day to find corned beef briskets on sale for $2 a pound. I baked the corned beef on a bed of onions the day before departure and sealed it with the fully caramelized onions in a ziploc then on to the cooler.

At our first night's camp up in the mountains south of the Amargosa River, I made up some kicked up thousand island dressing using sriracha ketchup and then started laying down the sandwich makings on the Mojoe. They were indeed a crowd pleaser!

Here's the video that we made:

And here's a few photos from the cook:

We first grilled the marbled rye in butter and then set it to the side to stay warm. Then we laid down the sliced corned beef into sandwich sized "patties" to caramelize each side:
IMG_5688.JPG

I put the onions from the baking pan on the corned beef and flipped the piles while the sauerkraut was heated up and dried out:
IMG_5690.JPG

IMG_5694.JPG

Then we added three slices of Swiss cheese to each pile and covered that with the hot sauerkraut:
IMG_3543.JPG

Then we slathered the grilled rye with the thousand island dressing and stacked it all up:
IMG_5703.JPG

YUM!
IMG_3541.JPG

After our feast, we headed over to a nearby viewpoint to watch the sun set over the Amargosa River Valley in a food coma!
IMG_3550.JPG

Cam

Those look tasty. The video worked for me But I can't see any of the pictures. Looks like a nice meal to have out in the desert!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Oh now they popped up.. I don't usually use tapatalk, but when I do, it's messed up... Lol

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

TV? You ought to see him live in concert!!

I will be live and in concert at the Overland Expo! Stop by for the show!

BTW, the Mojoe Outfitters booth will now be located at "Oasis A" in the same location as American Adventurist. Our Moderators/staff will be well fed.

Cam

That last picture after an awesome looking dinner just SUCKS! ...because I wasn't there to enjoy it too!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom