Project "Problem Child"

Once again, another weekend with not a lot accomplished. Between the torrential rains, and my 3 year old daughter going in for some dental surgery I got very little done. I did manage to get a replacement fire extinguisher that meets the same specs as the one installed by the factory, and fits in the factory location...

Attachments

• 20150718_150415_resized.jpg
    20150718_150415_resized.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 80
Figured I would bring this back up.. Got a little work done on both the truck and the camper this weekend.
I have a camping trip planned for 2 weeks from now, and I needed to see if I could get the step mounted, at least well enough to work for now. Used the existing brackets (which I found out, came from the factory like that. Not C channel like I would have thought.)At any rate, as is, the step works pretty well, but I am definetly going to have to weld in a peice of angle iron on each side for more support.

Also pulled the spark plug and air filter on the generator. The air filter looked almost brand new, the spark plug, however is due for replacement for sure...

Slowly but surely making progress.
20150726_145031_resized.jpg
20150726_143919_resized.jpg
20150726_143830_resized.jpg

Got some more work done today, cleaned it up and started packing for the inaugural camping trip coming up in 2 weeks. I sanitized and filled the fresh water tank, ran the pump for a while with all faucets on, and can't get water to come out of the faucets. I'm thinking I need to either figure out how to prime the pump, or hook up to my city water connection and turn it on to purge all the air out of the system. Also changed the generator spark plug. Tomorrow I plan on hooking up the BBQ propane tank to see if I can get the generator to fire, and I'll see if I can resolve the issue with my water pump not pumping.
9ab1778dd16d396b220a52e972e36db6.jpg

Well.. My weekend ended badly.. Hooked up propane tank to the camper, and generator still won't fire. Hoping I can tinker with it a little more this coming weekend. Also, hooked up city water to the camper to try and get the water pump primed, and located quite a few leaks and broken plumbing pipes, so I probably won't have running water out of the camper for the inaguaral trip. Such is life, and I will keep moving forward.

I have an PEX crimper and spare PEX if that will help out, can bring with to Big Bear.
I did a decent amount of water line repair in an older Class A RV I have. Had to use the CPVC -> PEX adaptor fittings, but they worked well.

Scott, did you purge the propane lines? I usually light my stove to make sure I've got the air out of the lines to get my 'fridge lit, possibly the same issue with your generator? (never had a propane generator, just guessing)

Bob,
I did purge the lines by running the stove top for a while, but it may not have been long enough. I'll give it another go in big bear, but I'm not going to stress over the generator. I've already made sure the fridge will run on propane, and that's not an issue... Runs great once the air is purged from the lines.

Brian,
If you wanted to bring a little bit of pex and a crimper, I wouldn't be mad at ya.. Just let me know how much money I owe ya... The PVC crap that's in there is probably all going to go south at some point.

Last edited:
Little update, as I'm heading out on her maiden voyage in a couple of hours... I took the propane tanks to the wholesaler, and he took one look at the tanks, and told me he could not recertify them because they were from 1988, so they were too far over age to recertify. He did fill them both for me "this one time", so they are full now, but once they are empty, I may have to pony up for new horizontal tanks... I'm heading off to camp in a couple of hours. I will be sure to take lots of pictures.

Hahaha.. Youd think right. No. Camper is stored and winter is here so I haven't had time to work on it. Baby #2 is coming in Monday so that's preoccupied me. I'll get back to the upgrades and repairs asap. I have some pex lines to install soon.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom