For those with Oztents, I have a question

I understand frustrations as a small business owner.. I've been one. That being said, replying to customer's emails in such a manner as he does is sure to lose him business. It's lost me as a potential customer, just because of his attitude. I understand having a personality like that, and that's just who he is, but IMHO, as a business owner, he'd be better served to tone it back a bit in responses to his customers.

You are quite right! I just wanted to point that he wasn't a total prick, although the language can be a little "salty" at times.

There I go again, I have a different experience and perspective, and look what happens! :D

But this is about OZTents, so back on topic. I can say without a doubt that Randy and Kim, as well as Justin are super folks to work with, provide great customer support, and great deals on their gear.

The owner John is a pretty nice guy - I've talked to him on a couple of occasions, and they have a hard-working, dedicated team. But as you observed he doesn't suffer fools or the self-entitled easily. Especially the whiny ones who attack through posts and don't address them directly to resolve their issue.

Every piece of gear has a tag proudly indicating the place of manufacture in very clear, and to some, offensive location. They make quality durable gear; if you're a demanding high maintenance customer, very sensitive, or easily offended this isn't the place for you.

Sounds like kindred spirits to me. Thinking along those lines did lead to the founding of this Community after all.

;)

Now back to Oztents. I still think they're one of the best tents available anywhere.

Randy and Kim are simply great people. They brought a front panel for my RV-5 to Expo East after I posted a quick request on FB before heading out. Once I arrived back home I found my storage bag was losing the rubberized backing after unpacking the tent to dry. A quick email to Kim and a new bag was on my doorstep the next week.

Now if I can just my gear out of the storage POD before winter.

-Andy

Sorry I haven't updated this thread with my finding or any pics. But I must say, that this tent is amazing. While it isnt without its faults, I can say I am thoroughly impressed. The Floor saver is essential, but I am disappointed it is not waterproof. And I have also found a way to pack everything without taking up to much space. But I will say that my set up has evolved to the point where I am evaluating my storage and packing. I will post pics within the next few days

Very cool.. I saw a pic of yours on Facebook in the 10/20 adventure group.. I think that's an awesome way to celebrate your own chrstmas. Glad the tent is working out.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Oh GREAT now I have to buy more accessories for my OZ ;) I really like his better poles and cross supports. He mentioned needing larger grommets and how easy but never explained. Dave or Fozroamer have you upgraded... how difficult?

Oh GREAT now I have to buy more accessories for my OZ ;) I really like his better poles and cross supports. He mentioned needing larger grommets and how easy but never explained. Dave or Fozroamer have you upgraded... how difficult?
I have been in communication with Luke recently and getting the poles shipped over to the US is a pain in the rear for both the sending and receiving end. They can't ship items over 1 meter long through normal freight..then it has to individually go through customs, quarantine, etc costs him about $1000 dollars and charges. He can send smaller stuff such as bags and such but sending larger stuff is unrealistic for him. He builds offroad trailers (pretty awesome ones) and he is in the process of transporting one he has sold to an American customer. He will have lots of room where he can store anything larger that usually canonot come through. (ie tent poles, etc) He told me to let him know what I need in about a month's time and he can get it shipped over.

If enough people are interested on here we could set up some kind of group buy and save some money. Let me know if anyone would be interested in this and I can set something up with Luke.

Here is a video on replacing grommets, Luke has you covered :)

I'm in for a buy of pole kit and grommets. If no group buy how my I order to be shipped with the trailer?

@FozRoamer Merely a suggestion, but if you wanted to make this some sort of group buy to lower prices I suspect that if you wait till after Overland Expo West you may have a few more interested...

Group buy would be nice and I'd wait no problem. But i am also fine with their prices if they are at an advantage for them to ship with that trailer. I would really like a set of their poles

So with the sale of our Tacoma and FlipPac we were faced with a dilemma for Overland Expo... Nowhere to sleep! I considered a truck bed tent for the Torque Wagon but didn't want to climb in and out of the pickup bed or freeze on an air mattress l. We picked up some gear from Oztent that made the long weekend pretty damn comfortable. Properly staked down and guy lined out, the RV-5 withstood intense gusts of winds without issue.

My RV-2 withstood the winds as well. Love this tent.
Picked up some deluxe side panels for it. I do not recommend trying to set them up solo in high winds. No damage, but I let loose a few choice words.

Back
Top Bottom