Whaaat?!? No ADV bikes here?

Overland Odyssey

Adventurist
Well this just surprises me. C'mon now, there has to be a couple more of us here. Dual sport? Adventure bikes? Bueller? Bueller?

I ride a '07 KLR650. I'm transitioning from Jeep bound travel to two wheels. Mainly because the Jeep is getting up there in mileage and I can usually buy another KLR for what it will cost to upgrade broken parts on the Jeep. Don't get me wrong, I still use it, just not as a rock crawler anymore.

I will be heading out to the Rendezvous in NC this month and as far as I can tell, I'll be the only one on a bike.

Here is I've added so far.

Dirt Racks HD soft pannier racks.
Nelson Rigg Survivor Series Dry bags.
I got a Pelican top box from a co-worker than no longer rides ADV and only does motocross.
Highway pegs
Acerbis front fender
Tank Vest with carious MOLLE pouches.

I haven't done the do yet. I've got 4k on the odo. I figure I'll adjust it before I leave and again in NC. Maybe if I have time I will try to get it done before I leave. That would probably be the smart thing to do.

I will probably put the obnoxiously tall windscreen back on for the trip.
I still need to install a USB charger because I can't be without my tech.

20141005_104336_Richtone(HDR).jpg

For the hell of it, here's a pic of the Jeep.

DSC_0096.jpg

We have Barlowrs, and his new Dual Sport, but I can't get him off of it long enough for a write up! I did get some video of him on it on my YouTube channel.

Look for posts from Beemerchef. That's Ara and his dog Spirit. They live out of their dual sport with sidecar.

There's a few others around here and there.

Welcome to AAV, we look forward to hearing more!

Always glad to see another adv rider around here. I'd love to get into it, but I'm clumsy, and have a poor sense of balance, so I'll stick to my truck for now lol welcome to the best site on the internet!

Just found this forum. I frequent ADVrider, expedition portal and a few others.
Sinfully fun KTM 1190 Adventure R
I also have a DRZ400S, but its not nearly as sexy ;)

Now that's a great looking bike.

I saw a good youtube with a bike doing crazy stuff. It was part of a group in trucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAIUPl-L1ZY

I used to roam around on my old Harley ages ago and go exploring what other guys thought were 4wd roads. Didn't seem that bad to me. :D

That whole series kicks ass.

Here's a quick video from the Appalachian Rendezvous. I broke away from the rest of the group on the 2nd day. I spotted a 2010 KLR in the parking lot of the Outpost and tracked down the rider having lunch. He just bought his bike a month ago and hadn't had a chance to take it off the tarmac. He rode to Uwharrie from Charlotte to try it out on some of the gravel/dirt roads. I wish we could have hit some of the trails, but he ran out of time. It was a spontaneous ride and probably one of my favorite parts of the whole trip.

[video=youtube;9qd6wUJ1_VA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qd6wUJ1_VA&feature=autoshare[/video]

I have a Vstrom DL1000. I went on a small ride to Romney, WV. It was only a 250 mile ride, first ride over 2 hrs on the bike, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to making many more rides like that.

I have a 2010 GS1200 Adventure. I haven't taken it on any noteworthy camping adventures (yet) just the occasional ride and commute to work, etc. But it's been modified nicely to be able to.. The bike has been on its fair share of epic journeys with the previous owner though.

My last dual purpose was a 96 DR650 All my MX buddies grew up and got out of the sport. I bought the dual purpose, but found ripping around off-road by your self is boring/dangerous. When I see these new bikes...

I have a 2010 GS1200 Adventure. I haven't taken it on any noteworthy camping adventures (yet) just the occasional ride and commute to work, etc. But it's been modified nicely to be able to.. The bike has been on its fair share of epic journeys with the previous owner though.

:pics

Drz400e here, but I have a couple other bikes also. The last picture is my mid life melt down bike lol. I'm the short guy.

20130509_132741.jpg
20130420_152109.jpg
20130812_084651-1.jpg
Screenshot_2015-03-18-20-17-48.png
3854885_orig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my '15 KLR650!
ead26fac1743006e9b7bff28aa75ca09.jpg
I need to take some more photos of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the engine swapped on my Honda. Started as an 1978 XL100. Swapped the engine for a brand-new Lifan 200CC engine /w electric start. Next step is get lights and speedo back on it. Already have an led tail/brake light, just need a headlight and a speedo of some kind. Probably going to go with a Trailtech Endurance II, have a Vapor on my 73 BMW street bike and have been very happy with it.

Right now the bike is green-stickered. Going to get it plated once I get the lighting sorted. Its not pretty, but it is light and with the new engine nice and powerful.

1953247365e8284080d6b3797f63057e.jpg

I keep looking at the Husaberg FE501s, but haven't pulled the trigger. I had an 05 KLR250 I put 50,000 miles on in 2 years and an 05 KLR650 I put 60,000 miles on in about 2 1/2 years. Great bikes, just change the oil and ride.

Back
Top Bottom